iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building my version of an SLR. (HELP)

Started by never finished, June 30, 2018, 01:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never finished

Thanks guys. Been kind of busy. Have a couple jobs to get out and haven't had much time to mess with the project. The sprocket roller sounds pretty good. Any type of a ratchet gear should do the trick. With enough weight or hold down tension. I did find the reduction gear is 30 to 1.  That's leaving me at approx. 91ft per min.. Hopefully I can get back to the project Monday. I new I could get some good ideas here a whole lot faster than I could come up with them.     

mike_belben

"Over running clutch" is probably the best search term for a one way rotary motion roller type device when shopping around.  All sorts of them out there.  Altho it just donned on me..

Hay rake tines may work great.   I use them for a stop on my limb processor.. Turns out they hold the piece and then let it feed right through when the next one pushes it.  But i absolutely cannot reverse that piece unless i take the tine up manually.

I tack welded them to a 1" bar stock which is welded to a vice grip.  Itd be fairly easy to rig up an adjustable frame work that just uses jam screws to maintain the height and attack angle of some tines to maintain pressure on the belt.
Praise The Lord

never finished

I didn't mean to start this post, and then abandon it. I have had a few personal set backs that has slowed down the build. I have been to the foot doctor a couple times with plantar fac.. Then the ENT, then sleep study. Next will be a c pap. starting tomorrow. That was just the small stuff. My BIL was in the hospital with congestive heart failure for a few days. Then my 85 year old mother passed away on the 18th. To spite her age it was unexpected. Truth be told she has been more ready for this than I have. Which brings some comfort.  

I have made a little progress on the saw.

I got some sprockets put on to reduce the speed. I haven't checked to see what the exact speed is yet. I think I'll try
speeding it up with some sprockets that hat I have for a test.

I did a few test runs and with a little adjusting on the blade it was working by the 4th run.

I built the hold down rollers out of some  unused steel rollers from the conveyers. They reach all the way across the conveyer so hoping they will work as anti kick back also.

I have covers on the chains and sprockets.

I still need to hook up a dust blower. It has been setting by the saw long enough that my grandson said it already works as a dust collector. 

mike_belben

Sorry to hear about the recent turmoil.  Would love to see more of the machine in action.
Praise The Lord

never finished

This thing is like a 30' work bench. If I'm not working on the actual machine it gets covered with junk pretty fast. I'll try to get back to it pretty quick and get some pics of the finished machine. It's running at 25' per min. I think I can speed it up some for 1" SYP and ERC. Thanks for the kind words. Now my brother is in the hospital with blood pressure troubles. 

Thank You Sponsors!