iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SOLD!

Started by Kirk_Allen, July 24, 2005, 12:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Jeff I will keep you in the loop.  We are going up in December to do some preliminary leg work and should know more then.

OWW, excuses?  You mean Excuse, singular!  Money!  had to free it up and rest assured, work is in progress. 

Where did you get spanky figure?  Got to get one of those for Spanky when he starts posting! 

Spoke with our attorney today and looks like all is a go for closing on the 17th of Aug!   8) 8)

Larry

Glad ya got the house sold Kirk.

We want to put our farm on the market next spring.  One day I think it is best to try and sell it myself and next day think a realtor is the way to go.  Thought you started out trying to sell it yourself?  Any recommendations or thoughts on which way to go?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Captain

Congrats Kirk, glad you got that monkey off your back.  How is Spanky, anyhow? :)

Captain

Kirk_Allen

Larry,
I would first let about a dozen realtors do the leg work for you to establish a listing price.  Then, put it up for sale by owner but make sure you get one of the BY OWNER organizations to list it on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).  That was the key with out place.  We tried ourselves but refused to pay the $1000 to list it.  If after being on the MLS you dont get any hits in 30 days or 60 days, get a realtor. 

The realtor I used was the wife of a sawing customer and she did it for 3 1/2%.  She was insistant that the KEY is to simply be on the MLS.  She was right.  In less than 48 hours we were done trying to sell the house.  We came out even further ahead on the bottom line because of the low % she did it for and we are tickled pink.  I wished I would have listened to her several months ago when I first met her during out cutting job. 

Captain, Got one monkey off the back but still dragging the other one.  Spanky is doing fine and looking foreard to the log rolling contest at the pig roast.  Sure hope the water is cooled down.  To hot to practice here. 

OneWithWood

Kirk, click on the [more] button on the smiley line.  You will find Spanky and a bunch of his freinds.  smiley_monkeyfight smiley_monkeyfight smiley_hellow_im_here
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Kirk_Allen

WOW, where on earth have I been for the last few years.   smiley_monkeyfight  smiley_chop  smiley_smash  smiley_horserider  smiley_whacko

beenthere

Patty and Norm_F
Do you have any good news on your house that you said was being listed?

Hope all is going well there.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kirk_Allen

We have our closing at 1 pm on the 17th.  I will be so glad when that is done.

They buyer had a building inspector go through and they said the furnace was short cylceing.  I told them it was nothing more than a lense that needed cleaning on a sensor and taht I took care of it and all is good. 

They told me I was not qualifed to fix the problem.   >:(

I told them since its fixed I guess I am qualifed. 

They said the demand that a licensed Furnace guy fix the problem.   >:(

Had to drive to Chicago yesterday and meet the furnace guy.   He shows up, turns on the heat and says there is nothing wrong with it.  This is the same guy that showed me how to clean the sensor that caused the problem for me several years ago.  He wrote on the ticket. " Inspected furnace, NO DEFECTS NOTED.  Homeowner had already cleaned the sensor and was in working order upon my arrival.  No further work required."

$80 later I am on my way back home.  The whole day was shot going up to get a stupid peice of paper confirming nothing was wrong.  Buracrats, how do we get rid of them >:(

Ironwood

Kirk, I'da just told'em deals off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Kirk_Allen

Trust Me Reid, had my wife been here I would have probably done just that.  We have buyers waiting if the deal falls through but she is in Korea seeing her brother and I didnt want to call it off without speaking with her first.  I'm sure it will work out for the best.  Its just stupid though for a person to have to go jump through hoops over something so silly. 

Shotgun

Quote from: Kirk Allen on August 13, 2005, 12:34:50 AM

They buyer had a building inspector go through and they said the furnace was short cylceing. I told them it was nothing more than a lense that needed cleaning on a sensor and taht I took care of it and all is good.

They told me I was not qualifed to fix the problem.

They said the demand that a licensed Furnace guy fix the problem.

I don't know that I'd want to trust a gorilla to do electrical work on a place that I was going to buy.  Maybe they read the FF.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D
smiley_clapping

Kirk_Allen

But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express  :D

Furby

:D :D :D
Nothing better then a smart ash monkey doing his own repairs!
smiley_monkeyfight

Kirk_Allen

Well I head back to Chicago this evening to pick up my wife at the airport.  We will stay at the famous "Holiday Inn Express" tonight and plan on taking our neighbors to breakfast in the morning and then we have our closing at 1pm. 

Our attorney says all is in order and we should be out of there with our check in hand in under two hours.  He said it should be a lot less than that but he tells everyone plan on two hours. 

Keep us in our prayers!  If all goes well this will be my LAST trip to that place!

Just today I got a certified letter from our County Health inspector.  Ready for this!  One of our neighbors complained about my wifes composte pile and they said it was a hazard to the community and an unsafe condition.  They said if I dont clean it up they will take legal action. 

I called them and got that stupid voice mail.  Rest assured, I left them quite a message!  It's a composte pile!  What on earth is hazardous and unsafe about a composte pile?

Still no word back from them.  I dont really care.  As of 1pm tomarrow we are no longer residents in that community!   8) 8)

crtreedude

Now Kirk,

They have to do something to earn all the tax dollars they are squandering. Surely making the community safe from composite piles is an important use of tax dollars...

So, how did I end up here anyway?

beenthere

Kirk
Hopefully that compost pile doesn't put a kink in the closing.  >:(

Widh you luck tomorrow, and luck to be outta there.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ScottAR

Must be a retiree who's got time to lear at a pile of leaves.....    A call to the health dept. in AR like that will have you hearing  :D :D :D on the other end of the line.    ;D

No offense to the retirees in our group as everyone here seems to find plenty to do with their time.   8) 

There's a few near our rentals that need a job.  A tennant left two of the free newspapers out on the drive (they were on vacation) and the old lady next door called me to tell me the place was all junked up.  ::)
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Left_Coast_Rich

8) 8)  Good going Kirk.  Hope today sends you off to the homeless masses with heavy pockets ;D ;D. 
welcome to my world.  The name of the game is disclosure.  If something is found that doesn't work or is off just a little so that the buyer has a question, there has to be an investigation as to the problem.  People don't always tell the truth about their home so experts must be called.  This will satisfy the buyer so that they will be willing to pay that hugh price for your home.  Call it a form of reselling your home.  Most transactions require the agent to resell the home 2 or 3 times.  Most sellers do not even realize that this is taking place but it is.    The buyer then needs to be reassured that all is OK with the home.  Actually, selling the property is the easy part.  it is the work after the meeting of the minds that is the work..   Just a thought.. LC Rich  30 yrs of guessing
I know more today than yesterday less than tomorrow.

Kirk_Allen

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) SALE COMPLETE  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

We were done with our part in 10 minutes.  The buyers however took almost two hours to sign all there mortgage papers etc.  Our attorney told their attorney that in the future, save folks the long wait and take care of all that paperwork in his office before the day of closing.   ;D

Walked out with our check and all is DONE  8) 8) 8) 8)

etat

8) 8) 8)

Yaaaaaaaa
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Frank_Pender

Sure feels good, dosen't it, Kirk.  Now, do not forget to spead those dollars around.  that way it helps lots of people feel good about your selling.   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

tnlogger

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
gene

crtreedude

Way to go Kirk - now we just got to get FDH sold and out of there - he needs to stop goofing off and cut me some wood!

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I raised He** with all the importa people this morning. STILL no time set for the closings on Friday.

Good onya , Kirk.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!