iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Elusive HD Makita 6421

Started by ChopperDan, October 06, 2013, 09:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChopperDan

Was at Home Depot today and found a 6421 with 175 psi for 215$. I couldn't pass it up. The funny part is I just bough one when Baileys had them on sale and I put a new 7900 top end on it Friday night.

I have o tell the truth. My DW was going to be in the neighborhood of Home Depot and asked her to check in they had any for sale. Well she call and said they had 1. I couldn't get there fast enough.

Here is the one I picked up today.

This is the one I put together Friday.

550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

Fergy35

I have been looking at new saws and trying to decide what I wanted and reading every posting I could find on them.  I read about the HD 6421's and have bugged the heck out of our local HD's for the last 6 weeks or so, all with no luck.  The truth is these are probably more saw than I need (said no one ever), but that is a heck of a deal on a very good saw from what I hear.  Congratulations on a great find.

SawTroll

As far as I know, the 6421 has a cat muffler, that you need to get rid of!  ;)
Information collector.

ChopperDan

Quote from: SawTroll on October 07, 2013, 05:30:45 PM
As far as I know, the 6421 has a cat muffler, that you need to get rid of!  ;)

You are  correct as  usual   ;D.

The 2nd pic is a new  saw that I upgraded and it did  get  a  new muffler.

I have picked up 4 more Home Depot specials since I posted. That makes 5  from the  depot and 1 new from Baileys.

I  have  2 of them sold but the  other 3 have very low  hours and are almost  to nice to sell.

Do you know of  cad support group? I said i wouldn't  have more than  4 saws. Then bought 4 in on day.
550xpg
562xp
Hd SuperSpitter

bandmiller2

So you guys are buying used rental saws from HD,I've looked at them.Seems strange they will buy good saws to rent out but sell pretty much just homeowner stuff.Do they let you pull the muffler and check the cylinder. ?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Fergy35,welcome to the forum.
I did not know HD rented saws.Maybe not in my area. I don't go in them much anyways. Most times I'm after one thing and that's it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ChopperDan

I did not pull the muffler in the store but did do a compression test in the store and found all but 1 to be at 190psi. The low 1 was at 185psi.

Home depot only keeps there rentals for 2 years.
550xpg
562xp
Hd SuperSpitter

angelo c

if you never ran a 6401-21 they are more German then Swiss. Closer to a Stihl in build then husky if you ask me. they are fantastically simple to work on, rock solid and built like tanks. monkeys rent them from HD and they can with stand that beating. I own three. one of which has a Big Bore kit on it. Love that saw. runs next to my 385xp and my 460 anytime. smoother then the 460 and I am a Stihl guy. did I mention I love that saw.
wife,kids,dog,t-shirts to prove it

Thank You Sponsors!