iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cutting a cherry stand and it's loaded with burls what now ?

Started by trecher2, May 10, 2014, 08:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trecher2

Hello I'm cutting a bunch of cherry trees next week that are full of burls. I counted about 30 that are twice the size of a basketball, about 8 you couldn't get your arms around, also a bunch of smaller ones. I read up some seems they should be waxed and stored in a cool, dark, dry, place. I'd really like to find a market for them but can wax and store them no problem. Any one have any ideas they could share on marketing and handling these I'm located in western wi. Thanks bill

hackberry jake

I would either soak them in alcohol, PEG, or pentycryl right after they are cut. This will help to stabilize the wood so it dries without issue. As far as marketing goes, I wouldn't worry about it. Just give me your address and I'll come take them off your hands. I'd do that for you since im such a nice guy  ;D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

Hello trecher2, (Bill), and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Pictures may could give a good idea of what you have.  We like pictures.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MattJ

I used to buy cherry burls and they were all dipped in anchor seal and that worked great.

Kcwoodbutcher

I could put you in contact with a wholesaler in Minnesota that buys burls if you're interested.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Thank You Sponsors!