iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank you for accepting me to your forum.

Started by ELFINWOOD, May 25, 2014, 06:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELFINWOOD

Hello i run a small forestry and firewood company in the Northeast of England, we have 6 full time workers.

Ken

Welcome.  Tell us a little more about your operation.  Be forewarned though this place can be a bit addictive.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

ELFINWOOD

Here are few photos of our machines.

snowstorm

thecfarm

ELFINWOOD,welcome to the forum. It's always interesting to see pictures of logging equipment. Do you run a certain machine,or are you the boss?
Have you seen this thread?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
That will keep you busy for a while.  :D   Add some pictures to the thread too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chester_tree _farmah

Very cool. What r those large softwoods on the forwarder?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

ELFINWOOD

Yes a Keto 51 ld, mounted on a Mini Bruunett FMG 678f that,s been converted to a harvester. Yes i,m the Boss and driver and mechanic of  the machines.

ELFINWOOD

Chester, i think the large softwood is Larch, and some Douglas fir and maybe some Norway fir.

ELFINWOOD

Here is the truck that was the start of my forestry business, Foden fh70 6x6 powered by a Rolls Royce turbo Eagle Diesel 305HP.
Zetor tractor with 10 inch Junkari chipper.

Our fleet of old Landrovers.

snowstorm

Alexanderthelate

Love the old landys, and the Foden- that's quite a rig.

treeslayer2003

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
That looks to me like some serious equipment for a "small" operation.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Autocar

Great line of equipment thanks for scharing and welcome to the forum.
Bill

ELFINWOOD

Here are a few more photos and yes i do make a lot of firewood kiln dried.

Alexanderthelate

A 'big' forestry company must be a sight for sure. :o

Looks like a fine set up you have.

Shotgun

Welcome, Elfin,

And congrats on posting pictures on your second post.  Posting pics is really pretty easy, but a challenge for many, just the same.  Glad to have you on board.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

mad murdock

Welcome Elfinwood!! Nice job on the pics too.  Looks like you run a tight ship there, those machines and equipment look to be in good working order. Always interesting to see how others do it in the woods, especially on the "other side" of the pond ;)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

coxy

nice pics  like your means of a tractor trailer  :D :D   I like your log truck wish I had one similar to that  and welcome to the ff ;D  ps we all love pics keep them coming  8)

ELFINWOOD

Nice photo of a 750 acre woodland on a country estate in the Northeast of England that we manage.

enigmaT120

Do you guys prune those trees?  I do mine, but not that high, just high enough that I can get around in my woods and see a ways.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

ELFINWOOD

Hi no we do not prune, the trees are planted real close together, so the lower branches don't really develop, then they are thinned out years later, resulting in good saw logs .

David-L

Elfinwood, Welcome to the forum. I am liking these pics and your operation. lots of iron and my favorite is all of them. welcome.

David l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

47sawdust

I'm jealous! My property is so rough I couldn't even turn your tractor and loader around.The Zetor seems to get used a lot,don't know much about them but they seem well made.Welcome!
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

mesquite buckeye

Welcome. I really like the firewood bags. Should save bunches of labor. Do you deliver them like that or do they get unloaded from the bags at the customer's place?

Question: If you leave the bags, do you charge a deposit until you get them back? Also, how much do they cost? Also what is firewood worth for you ($, sorry no British pounds key on my computer)?
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!