iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearmatic winch

Started by ehp, April 16, 2015, 05:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

I think mine is a 19 style and is hyd. not brake fluid , does anyone know how many pounds of pressure in the hyd. line that tells the winch to winch when you pull the level to tell the winch to winch in . I think my relief valve maybe getting abit weak and I'm not getting enough pressure

Maine logger88

I have no idea on the gearmatic but the relief valve should say on it. My TJ has an eaton winch and 550psi is stamped right on the top of the relief
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

ehp

cannot read the number on the relief valve

Maine logger88

Well I'm no help then lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

tantoy

Are you sure the fact that the winch controller uses hyd fluid vs brake fluid has and difference? I don't know so excuse my lack of knowledge.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

ehp

yes the winch uses oil and gets pressure off the hyd. pump and the oil goes threw a relief valve to cut the pressure down , winch is working but not quite as strong as it use to be . I pretty much need the winch to be strong enough to turn the skidder upside down , cutting good size big timber in real steep guts and winch needs to pull just abit harder . I just put everything new in it and its maybe just a touch stronger than before rebuilding it but I didnot see anything wrong with the parts I took out so am wondering if I'm not getting enough hyd. pressure to make winch pull , Its been like this for about almost a year but on flatter ground its fine like that . I'm not 100% sure if its a 19 or a 119 winch . I phoned the TJ place we get all our TJ parts from and they couldnot find anything on what the pressure should be in the line when the winch is to pull in

ehp

the winch lever system is not like the older gearmatic brake fluid types . machine is 1997 230 A

tantoy

Quote from: ehp on April 16, 2015, 10:18:49 PM
the winch lever system is not like the older gearmatic brake fluid types . machine is 1997 230 A

Got it, thanks
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

jwilly3879

The newer relief valves are 650 psi, the older ones were 550 psi.

ga jones

Mine is 94 380. It's marked 650. Have u tried winching in a big trip with the side cover off to see what's going on?
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ehp

ya mine is 650 psi, I took relief valve out and had it look at and new orings put on it , in machine it tested 640 psi at idle so that seems to be correct , its pulling better but tomorrow will tell forsure as got some big ass red oak to bring up out some real steep ground

Ed_K

Be careful winching with the cover off, I bent the main shaft enough that it would pull the cable in when it was in release mode.It would pull and release and pull again.And it not cheap to get the shaft straightened.
Ed K

ehp

My winch is still not pulling like it should so ordered new clutch bands again and adjuster bolt , winch works real nice but just not strong enough and I set it up pretty tight the last time at .0015 and it pulled no better than at .0020 in my mind , parts should be here tomorrow , still skidding with skidder cause not pulling the big hitches with it but skidding is close so no problems

ehp

parts got here tonight , both bands cost $1149.75

coxy

ehp

Thank You Sponsors!