iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw M-14 MAJOR Walkout of log

Started by dustyjay, February 06, 2015, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lambee10

Quote from: Possum Creek on March 09, 2015, 08:24:43 PM
Looks good, while you are rebuilding check the cable drum it only has a roll pin to hold it to the shaft, mine sheared while sawing an oak log that pinched the saw and that was not fun.      PC

Now that you mention the drum...I noticed Saturday  ??? ???my carriage not going all the way to the end of the track when it is gigged back to the log deck.  When I looked at the drum the cable was at the far side of the drum and the last loop was crawling on top of the one before it.  In other words the loops are outta whack and I need to slide them over on the drum to allow the carriage to return to the stops. 

Any ideas on how to do that- easily?
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

thurlow

Quote from: Lambee10 on March 10, 2015, 04:29:22 PM
Quote from: Possum Creek on March 09, 2015, 08:24:43 PM
Looks good, while you are rebuilding check the cable drum it only has a roll pin to hold it to the shaft, mine sheared while sawing an oak log that pinched the saw and that was not fun.      PC

Now that you mention the drum...I noticed Saturday  ??? ???my carriage not going all the way to the end of the track when it is gigged back to the log deck.  When I looked at the drum the cable was at the far side of the drum and the last loop was crawling on top of the one before it.  In other words the loops are outta whack and I need to slide them over on the drum to allow the carriage to return to the stops. 

Any ideas on how to do that- easily?
Just pull the cable over towards the center of the drum by hand and move the carriage by hand (obviously with the power off).
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Lambee10

yea- kinda what i figured.  Just noticed it this weekend.  thanks.
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

Thank You Sponsors!