iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Favorite saw to run

Started by oldsaw-addict, March 04, 2004, 04:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

I am sure now, a Ported 7900. they are amazing. I mean amazing. will  run with  the 066 and 088 and the 3120.
They are really strong saws.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

oldsaw-addict

Hey Hunter, you wanna send that PP7900 my way for a few days, I wanna play with it. Just kidding, but I would like to know how much you paid for the saw and mods Dan did to it.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

woodsjunkie

Looks like Hunters Ported 7900 will be breaking worlds records next LOL....I am amazed how it out runs 088's and 3120's ???
I also own a blue ported 7900 all though I'm sure its not as fast as a 088 or a 3120 (40cc difference?)it is a nice saw even if the handles are in the wrong place.
Your allowed to have an excuse, you just cant use the same one twice.

Ol_Hickory

I've had several Skil and Poulan saws.  I now have a Stihl 026 Pro with an 18" bar, and it's the best I've ever had.  I had thought about a larger saw, but the weight of this one is right for what I use it for.  I like the easy to change sprocket, the side chain adjustment, and the ease of cleaning and replacing the air filter.  I like the Stihl chains, but I won't buy another one because the tie straps are only available from Stihl dealers, and that's a hassle if you don't have one close.  I'll buy chains that have universally available repair links.

I would like to have a light weight saw with a drive sprocket like the one on the 026 for trimming limbs, but the smaller ones have the conventional clutch drum type sprocket.  I have a portable generator that I can tow with a tractor, and I use two Remington electric saws for trimming.  They're much safer when working in trees.

Kevin

Quoteauthor=Ol_Hickory link=board=chainsaws;num=1078401983;start=20#28 date=04/04/04 at 15:02:03
I would like to have a light weight saw with a drive sprocket like the one on the 026 for trimming limbs, but the smaller ones have the conventional clutch drum type sprocket.  I have a portable generator that I can tow with a tractor, and I use two Remington electric saws for trimming.  They're much safer when working in trees.

Welcome to the forum.
Stihl and Husqvarna make small saws that use a rim sprocket.
What saw would you be interested in?

I have enough trouble keeping track of my ropes to worry about an extension cord. :D

Mike_Barcaskey

The smallest saw that will do the job.

right now I'm in love with my Stihl 191. I hear the 200 is even better.
My 026 would be next, really hate getting out the 036 or 041av

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Kevin

I had the 262 in the tree yesterday.
It doesn't like being hung upside down.  :D

oldsaw-addict

QuoteI had the 262 in the tree yesterday.
It doesn't like being hung upside down.  :D

I hear that, most saws dont like to be hung upside down. I'm in love with my big 266 for ground work, for in the tree I prefer to have something a little lighter and easier to handle.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Kevin

When your cutting 20" limbs little saws just don't cut it.

Hunter

WJ,
Is that the same 7900 you got from Dan and then sent to Neiger?
I heard you had a fast one.
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

ehp

Eric come on up and you can run this 7900 and then you can tell me if it is not as fast as Hunter says it is ,remember that stock 7900 i ran when you were there well it is not even on the same page as the ported one is and i have cut 2 truck loads of firewood with it , 24 bush cords , and it just keeps getting better , i quess it should be lossen up now.
So i would of said the 066 was my favorite saw but  everytime i fire up the 7900 it just brings a smile to my face

Mike_Barcaskey

when you're cutting all day, every day
you learn to cut with the smallest saw possible

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Thank You Sponsors!