iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Chain Grinders

Started by jokers, April 04, 2004, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jokers

Hi Ol_Hickory,

I purchased my Maxx from Jeff Sikkema, whom I believe to be the only valid choice. I`ll tell you why. It`s very common for the smaller grinders such as these with the pivoting head to have centering issues. The Maxx is not immune to this. Jeff checks each one before it is shipped and then performs a factory authorized mod to ensure that your grinder is perfect. The factory does not compensate Jeff or anyone else who might perform this fix and it seems noone else who sells them is even aware of the problem or that it can be fixed. Other than this small issue, which as I`ve already stated is not unique to the Maxx, the Maxx is an excellent machine. Five other advantages the Maxx has over the Super Jolly are: 1) It`s significantly cheaper.

2) You will never grind into the stop pawls on the Maxx the way that you might on the Jolly.

3) The reversable vise allows you the benefit of reversable grinding and always putting the burr on the inside.

4) The sliding vise offset allows you to put the 10° downangle on the topplate of chisel chain, something the Super Jolly cannot do.

5) The mechanical vise clamp linkage can never leak the hydraulic fluid and fail to function the way that some of the Super Jollys have.

I have owned many types and brands of grinders and I think the Maxx offers the best bang for the buck. Check them out at Jeff`s site,http://www.snssawshop.com

Russ

Rocky_J

Hey Russ,
I'll let Jeff know you are doing your job well. I'll report your efforts to him and he should have your commission check out by the end of the week.  :D

jokers

QuoteHey Russ,
I'll let Jeff know you are doing your job well. I'll report your efforts to him and he should have your commission check out by the end of the week.  :D

LOL Rocky! It probably looks like that doesn`t it, but you know how it is once you`ve done business with Jeff, you get hooked because noone else gives service like that.

Russ

oldsaw-addict

Jeff Sikkema IS a friendly guy to deal with for anything relating to your saws.I have to get a 32" bar+chain from him for my Jonsered soon so I can start milling lumber. I also gotta get a grinder for my chains, the dang old hand file is gettin pretty bad at getting them sharp nowadays.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

travelr64

Give me some contact info for Jeff Sikkema.  Never mind, I found your link.

Thanks
Coop
""Now look what you've gotten us into ! ! !

Thank You Sponsors!