iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HOT Today

Started by Magicman, May 24, 2010, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It was hot  smiley_sun  in South Mississippi today, yeah.  I still managed to saw 1704 bf of framing lumber in 6 hours.  We knocked off   whiteflag_smiley  at 3:00 when we lost our shade.   Back tomorrow morning.   

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mark K

Hot up here, close to 85. Worked in woods till 4 then bucked till 6. Black flies can ruin a good day, thankfully they should be gone in a week or so  8). Looks like you had a good day.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

gator gar

Hot, is when you are wearing Nomex coveralls with a Tyvek suit over that, along with heavy duty rubber gloves and a respirator on, pulling wrenchs and blinding flanges in a refinery, like I was this afternoon. All because there was some lead in the paint on the flanges and the tanks we are removing. That is what I have to look forward to the next couple of days.

chevytaHOE5674

Was about 95* UP here today which is outrageously hot for this area during this time of year. Started at 7.30am and felled/limbed/topped/bucked timber UP until about 5.30 this evening. Calling for 60's by the weekend... I can't wait.

woodmills1

it was also hot here today, enough to make me a red neck................. :o

ok I was already there even though I have a non grit northern address

but it was hot :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Ernie

16C/60F today perfect temperature for milling, too bad it's really hosing down :(  Gotta build me a shed.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Magicman

It will be short pants and my vented helmet for me until Fall.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scrout

Hot?
Sheesh, we are having one of the coldest Mays on record.
I think it hit 59 today, 2 plus inches of rain Fri-Sun.
The green ain't grass, it's moss......

etkoehn

Talk about Hot, where I work it's always hot some times I have to wear a rubber suit gloves. It wears you out in a couple of hours. Clothes are soaked with sweat and you need to drink a gallon of water. It sucks being a fryer operator
Farm Boy

Jasperfield

I see from the photo that it's hot enough to be wearing your kilt. I don't know if I'd go back to the shorts until it cools off.

paul case

hotHot HOT yessirieee. 90 with high humidity heat index of 102 quit milling about 12 back to sweat myself wet about 6 still sawed 4 ties and120 pallet boards. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

r.man

I know it was 85 in the house late afternoon and that was with the shades pulled from early morning and the windows open later when it started to cool. At about noon I was on a stepladder pulling the motor on a commercial kitchen hood fan. Three bad spot welds on the 1 hp motor and the fourth tore base material. That restaurant kitchen made outside in the noon day sun seem cool. I wanted to know what the temp was inside but they had removed the thermometer years ago saying that it didn't help to know how hot it was. No matter how bad you think you have it, someone else is in it deeper or hotter. I love shade.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

red oaks lumber

it was 93 with high humidity, i'm not going to complain it beats what winter gives us every year. its kind of like a race horse all sweated up you just seem to work harder and faster
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SwampDonkey

I can tell ya one thing gentlemen, yesterday was the first day this spring my nose didn't run. :D It wasn't all those sticky (to me) yesterday, but this morning at 3:00 am it's 65 F and 85% humidity, and dew point 59 F, makes for a very close day ahead.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

VT-Woodchuck

I'm headed in shortly to do some milling before work. Predicted to be close to 90 today so milling at 5 am, work at 6, nap in a shady spot this afternoon!

SwampDonkey

Survived another one. Completed a work strip at 1:30 pm and hauled off to the car for the day. 2 acres in a couple hot days is more than enough.  Couple more good days and I'll have this week's pay. Then there is another 4.5 cord of firewood to stack Friday. Put the other 4.5 down last Friday. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

r.man

Thought about using Swamp or Donkey but will try SD for brevity. Looked at your location map but nothing looks familiar. Are you in the lower part of New Brunswich or the western part?  My mothers family came from Blackville which I think is fairly close to Newcastle. Anywhere near you?

Magicman

Click the little "-" symbol below the "+" in the top left corner.  That will expand the map out and you will find him in West Central NB, at least that is the way I do it. 

SwampDonkey

r. man., I'm near the state of Maine. The farm lot hits the boundary line. I'm about 2.5 miles up the road from the border crossing from Centreville into Bridgewater, Maine. I'm 3 hours away from Blackville. Newcastle and Chatham are now Mirimachi City.

The 1998 edition of the NB Atlas is online.

http://www.snb.ca/gdam-igec/e/2900e_1a.asp

Square 52, the woodlot is on square 45. It will be the road N_S closest to Maine, off 110. ;D

r.man

Thanks Magic, didn't know about that control on the map. SD I don't envy you on the border area with everything changing so much. Part of this years G8 summit is about an hour west of us and it has even affected things in our area. You can imagine what the locals will go through before they're done. Thanks for the info guys and good luck with the heat wave.

Magicman

Hot again today, and I moved to a new saw site with no trees for shade.  Thankfully I bring my own. 

Build my little nest and ride in the shade.    :)

paul case

if you were cutting long stuff like last week with the seat off you would have needed a bigger brim on your sombraro.
my 15 yo son came home from mowing yards saturday and got one of those burns that has boiled up. big shade however you get it is worth the effort. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

captain_crunch

M_M
Sorry to see ya sweat Here in Ore we got SNOW abouve 4000 ft last weekend and about 2" of rain in last two days :'( :'(
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Samuel

Snowed this past weekend about 2 inches on my nice green lawn.  All gone now but nonetheless...

Magicman:  Were they your legs or were you riding a chicken? :D :D :D
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Magicman

Quote from: Samuel on May 27, 2010, 01:04:36 AM
Magicman:  Were they your legs or were you riding a chicken? :D :D :D  

Yes, but it's my chicken.   :D

Thankfully, all of the logs at this third site are 18 & 16 footers.  I can sit under the umbrella.  There's no  shade at this site.  Bad for the off bearers.

I have a County Forestry Ass'n Directors meeting first thing this morning, so it will already be hot by starting time.    :-\

Thank You Sponsors!