iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

dt466

Started by coxy, April 26, 2015, 08:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

how are they with power would it be able to handle the load of a trailer and 15t skidder  this one is in a 1992 14ft flat bed dump with 89thousand miles

ga jones

My step father has the dt 360. That's what we use to move my 380 it's 22000 pounds. The 466 is was what all the plow trucks at my other job had 43000 gross single axles. They ran well. The maxxforce dt is garbage now.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

smwwoody

My truck has a DT530 which is just a little larger than the DT466.  I move my Q80 with it all the time.  The Q80 weighs 19.5 tons and it handles it well.  you wont set any land speed records with it but it stays with trafic just fine.

Woody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

sawguy21

Thousands of p&d trucks with the DT466 around, it is a tough engine. It won't set any speed records but should work just fine for your needs. That is not a lot of miles on a 20 year old truck, what was it doing in it's previous life?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

logman81

Can't go wrong with a truck that has the dt466 that's what my log truck has. Won't break any land speed records but is reliable and has enough power for what I use it for.
Precision Firewood & Logging

coxy

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 26, 2015, 12:08:52 PM
Thousands of p&d trucks with the DT466 around, it is a tough engine. It won't set any speed records but should work just fine for your needs. That is not a lot of miles on a 20 year old truck, what was it doing in it's previous life?
a friend and his dad had a lumber/stone yard and his dad passed away about 10 years ago and they sold the yard and he keep the truck he uses it every now and then on his farm but told me he would sell it to me real cheap he doesn't want it to rot away and he was the only one that drove it from day one  I think ill get it now     thanks for the info 

barbender

I've put a fair amount of miles in end dumps and concrete mixer trucks that were dt466 powered. They were reliable, ok power in a tri-axle end dump, pretty sluggish with a 10 yard mixer but it got the job done. I think they are a good motor in medium duty applications, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one myself.
Too many irons in the fire

Dave Shepard

A 466 in a concrete truck seems underpowered until you read in the IH truck book that in 1968 a concrete truck was a twin screw 1800 with a 392 V8 gas engine. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Maine logger88

The 466 are a great engine for medium duty trucks! Here's a video of my father and uncles super farm pulling tractor with a DT466 slightly modified tho  ;D
http://youtu.be/6k6BI2uMSMI
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

ScottAR

Think they turned up the wick on that IH.  :o   Great stuff!
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

coxy

you think they would help me tune my 466  :D :D

Maine logger88

Yeah I'm sure they would be glad to help lol!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!