iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timbery E100 Edger

Started by campwags, October 20, 2017, 02:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campwags

I just found the Timbery E100 Edger. https://www.timbery.com/edgers 

Has anyone seen or used one of these?  It seems priced between Wood- Mizer's two edgers.
EG50 Single Blade Edger Starting at $3,195

The E100 is an entry level twin bladed edger and comes standard with two carbide tipped blades.
Two circular blades come standard, one is fixed, and the other adjustable.
A removable board fence makes it easy to trim boards that already have one straight side.
E100 G14 $5,695 NOW $5,095

https://youtu.be/2xWxwztydzU
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

MobileSawMilSlo

Hi

This edger is also available in Europe, because WM is owning Timbery.

You would hear all good things about, but the practical usage is not that great. My friend has test it before buying it, but he returned it.
The problem is with transport mechanism and the result is not even edging. He said, that the problem is also with power of engine. When you put 50 mm (aprox 2'') it suffer a lot.

I would and I will save more money and buy WM 300 edger. But I hope it is not produced in Europe. I wan't USA build machine! :) :)
Woodmizer LT20 mobile and TTP-600 Premium Plus
DAJK - all sawing equipment in one place

paul case

I guess that is one way of getting around needing split blades.

I like the belt feed and small foot print, but I would buy a Reihl edger again in a heartbeat.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

JB Griffin

Just by watching that video I can tell you I would not buy that edger unless it was stoopid cheap.

The infeed and outfeed belts are too narrow, the engine is too small for my liking, the straight edge is too awkward to be used, and it doesn't have a adjustable guide for the moveable saw.

For what they are asking for it you can buy a good used wm or baker 2 saw edger that would be a much better machine.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

campwags

Quote from: paul case on October 20, 2017, 07:01:25 PM
I guess that is one way of getting around needing split blades.

I like the belt feed and small foot print, but I would buy a Reihl edger again in a heartbeat.

PC

Thanks,  I thought the Reihl would be the better of the two also. That was the input I was hoping to get.
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

Thank You Sponsors!