iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

indoor milling

Started by yukon cornelius, January 10, 2015, 11:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

I just moved my mill inside my shop yesterday I cant wait to use it on Monday when it is icy and snowy out. There have been a lot of times I needed it but the weather was too bad. it was under a roof before but only a roof on post. this will be great! I will just open the slider door when I mill to let the fumes out until I make an exhaust removal system. I just wanted to share my excitement.  8)
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Privacyleech

Im excited for you! I can hardly wait to build a shed for mine. . . Completely indoor would be spoiling myself :)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Oh yea!  I reckon this means you got all that concrete poured, and it looks none to soon,  the ice is already  moving in.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dean herring

Was thinking about the same thing. What kind of mill do you have? What size is your shop? I am trying to plan the best layout for my operation. Got a long way to go but I want a solid plan so I can get it right . Can you send some pictures .thanks 3D Lumber.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

yukon cornelius

drobertson, I hope you don't get too much ice. the snow and ice was the driving force behind getting it in there. I didn't get that concrete done yet though. I was afraid of it freezing so im waiting for a little warmer weather Dean, I have an ez boardwalk it is a total of 15 feet long and I have 10 extra feet of track. I have only used the extension a few times so I wont include it in the shop but it will be set up for adding it easily when needed. My shop is 36x36 pole building. I will get some pictures and post them. I need to find homes for the things displaced by the mill but I think having it in will be worth rearranging the shop
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

dean herring

Looking forward to the pictures
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Dave H.

sounds like a great plan,except for that cold weather nonsence,lol.

Thank You Sponsors!