iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Transporting lumber

Started by Solar_HoneyBee0, July 30, 2018, 01:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Right

Quote from: Revival Sawmill on July 30, 2018, 09:36:35 AM
I'd be wary of bank wires too - there are some ways that can go wrong.  Thought about PayPal?  Probably have to eat a 3% fee, but it's fairly ironclad...
You can send money through Paypal to a "friend" with no charge.
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

Solar_HoneyBee0

Sc and JR,

Hey guys. Great points. SC, I hear ya 100%. I mean, milling is the name of the game. If you're not milling and drying lumber than you're not making any money. With that said, If I am not able to sell lumber locally at the moment for some reason i'm also not making money. That's why I have reached out further than usual and have had relative success. I believe in transporting the lumber myself because it cuts down on the final cost. I have calculated my time vs hiring someone and often times I decide just to do it myself. Will this always be the case? Probably not, but for now it seems to be working out. 

JR, I have used Paypal in the past and they have been pretty solid. There have been a few times where I have had to dispute charges with them and it's been a complete hassle. Like SC said, I would rather be milling that arguing with people over my money, you know? It's a hard situation to find the right balance that's for sure.

Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate the input.

Just Right

I do agree with you.  If I never had to deal with another customer service rep ever again that would be toooooooooo soon!  Sounds like you are getting it done though.  Keep up the good work.
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

Thank You Sponsors!