iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I think I know some monsters.

Started by Jeff, January 21, 2003, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Any of you guys get to watch Monster Garage on the Discovery Channel? They put a morbark chipper in a P.T. cruiser. Some of the guys that went out for the show were from right around here. Morbark is only a half hour from here.

It reruns Saturday at 7pm

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/monstergarage.html

> Press Releases

PRESS RELEASE: MORBARK TO BE FEATURED ON TOP CABLE TELEVISION SHOW (1-9-03)

Out of Jesse James's Monster Garage comes the latest automobile hybrid with a local connection—a PT Cruiser that can chip wood.  How is this even possible? With the help of Morbark, the leading manufacturer of brush chippers, and of Jim Sisson of Heritage Automall, anything's possible.

"Producers of Monster Garage contacted Morbark because they wanted to work with the number one manufacturer of brush chippers, and they made a good choice," said Dan Brandon, Morbark marketing manager.  "Morbark supplied a seven-inch capacity brush chipper for the project.  The idea was to incorporate a chipper into the PT Cruiser, lift the hatch, chip wood and have chips fly out the top of the car."

Morbark's Mick Gifford, national account sales manager, worked closely with Jesse James and other members of the Monster Garage crew to successfully complete the project on time.

Will this marriage between a Chrysler PT Cruiser and a Morbark brush chipper really work? Find out on Monster Garage, one of the most popular shows on cable television.  Monster Garage, where "ordinary cars become extraordinary machines", will feature this PT Cruiser/ brush chipper on The Discovery Channel on January 20 at 8:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m., and again on January 25 at 7:00 p.m.

Morbark, based in Winn, Michigan, is the world's largest manufacturer of brush chippers, forestry, recycling and sawmill equipment.  The company, founded in 1957 by local entrepreneur Norval Morey, manufacturers equipment ranging from 25 – 1,000 horsepower.  Morbark employs over 500 people locally, and over 600 nation wide.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

It sounds like a mobsters dream car.

I like some of the things that have come out of the Monster Garage.It would be a interesting place to work.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Fla._Deadheader

I was intriqued with the school bus-pontoon boat. Figured I could pull the logs and then load 'em right inside the bus, and drive to the mill !! ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ADfields

Well I saw it and was let down for the most part.   Thay just took a chipper and stufed it in a PT Cruiser.   I was wanting to see them BILD the chiper.   I have liked all the others, I just wanted to see the Morbark guy bild a chipper not buy one.
Andy

Jeff

Andy if it would make you feel better you can fly down and help me change the knives in our big chipper. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ADfields

Now that just sounds like work. :-/   Hay it's to cold down there, my fingers wont work in below 0 temps. ;)   You could tape it and put a clip on hear! ;D  

I have done my time on the wrong end of a wrench. ;)   I was hopeing to see a quick way I could bild a chipper as I cant find one for a grand up hear like the one he cut up , more like 5 grand for one all used up like that around hear.  :-[
Andy

beenthere

""I have done my time on the wrong end of a wrench.""    

I'm a bit confused - there is a "nut" on one end, which end is "the wrong end"?? ::)    ;D ;D  
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ADfields

Well the end with the nut on it is the wrong end, the other end gets put on the bolt. :D :D :D   Then the nut pulls REALLLLL hard and gets big scars on his hands and arms that become tatoos from the grease, thats why he's the nut!!   Some times the nut is also called a gearhead, grease monkey and other stuff Jeff would delete. ;D :D   You up to speed (real slow speed) now?
Andy

whitepe

CAT sells engines to Morbark. A year or so ago there was
an article about the "Monster" Morbark chipper in our company newspaper.  If you get a Morbark, you want
to do some serious chipping.  A used one sells for $225,000.
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

RavioliKid

Those guys at the Monster Garage had better stay clear of MY
PT Cruiser!

>:( >:( >:(
RavioliKid

Tom

You've got a PT Cruiser, Rav?   8)

Somehow I had you figured for Station Wagon :D what with all those projects you must have to carry around. :P ;D

C_Miller

one of the sillyest things i ever seen was one of them chippers chasin a tree service truck around town today.  every time the truck stopped the chipper spit wood chips into its butt.
 'scuse me gotta go check the 'fridge.
C
CJM

Thank You Sponsors!