iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered 621 coil

Started by husky2100, May 14, 2014, 07:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husky2100

The coil went bad on my 621 is their any way i can cross a coil from a anthor saw to work

bandmiller2

Husky guy you could google husky parts and compare part numbers from other husky models,or if you have some junker saws compare, many are the same. You could call "Chainsawr" and ask they may have reasonable after market. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SawTroll

I believe it would have to be from another Jonsereds model from about 1970.

Jonsereds had nothing to do with Husky back then.
Information collector.

sablatnic

Are you sure it is the coil? I believe the 621 is old enough to have ignition points and condenser. With a bit of luck you can have it running again after cleaning the points.

sharkey

If you find that the points and/or condenser are bad, you can use an atom or nova style points eliminator module.  Here is a part number 'Oregon 33-053 Universal Ignition Module'. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oregon-33-053-Universal-Ignition-Module-/321358195869

HolmenTree

Back in the Jonsered 1970's era Husqvarna were pretty well all electronic module ignition by mid decade.
The Jonsereds 621 were all points and condensor ignition and easy to repair, match book cover will set the breaker point gap.
You will need a 2 bolt flywheel puller. When I bought my first 621 in 1974 the puller was part of the tool kit that came with the saw. Also a bright red funnel with screen , grease gun ,scrench with a carburetor screwdriver.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

husky2100

90% sure its the coil i put a new points set in it and i was running it and it started bogging down so im sure its the coil.

Thank You Sponsors!