iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mafell bandsaw question

Started by Druchti, March 06, 2018, 05:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Druchti

Hey I recently bought a used mafell Z3L bandsaw and am looking for information on it . Have not used it yet. Just looking for insight on how to properly tension the blade and regular maintenance that should be done.what blades do you guys recommend for cutting white pine timbers? Does it cut as square as the z5? Any common problems with this saw? I contacted mafell for a user manual but they said they no longer have one for it. The previous owner didn't know much about it . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Roger Nair

An optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds, the pessimist fears that the optimist is correct.--James Branch Cabell

DMAK

Druchti, 

I have across a z3 model bandsaw for sale and I'm having a hard time finding info on it.  Can you share any information on how you like yours?  How much have you used it, for what, and his did it perform?  I would very much appreciate it.  

Thanks!!

beenthere

DMAK
Welcome to the Forestry Forum. 

Post up a pic or two of your bandsaw. And some location in your profile will help too. Just click on your user name, and there you can update your profile. 

Note that member Druchti has not been active so may not see your request for info.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!