iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

finding deer sheds.

Started by semologger, January 18, 2009, 10:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

:D I'll say.  ;D

You'd have to go 1000 square miles to find that many here.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

I started QDM there 20 years ago.

We shot a lot of does and let bucks go for a long time before we started to harvest bucks.

The boys have been great about food plots. In the 1000 acres we probably have 400 acres of deer food.

I have not shot a buck in quite a few years.

Once they get to be 5 or 6 you get attached to them.

They harvested three  7 year old bucks this past season. :o

I have let more bucks go than I have shot in the last 30 years.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Magicman

I agree.  I established a "one buck per hunter per year" quota on my place several years ago.  It really makes a difference and it changes the hunter's attitudes.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Up here they shoot bucks only and most what you see is does and fawns. The bucks have become nocturnal.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Our legal limit is 3 bucks and 5 does.  If anyone is hungry, it's their own fault.

I regularly see up to a dozen bucks per day.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

You'll see the bucks in the winter as they yard and herd up for winter.

Bibbyman

Here are sheds #7 and 8.  #7 was not found on our farm but on some public land while son Chris and I were mushroom hunting.

Shed 8 resembles the forth shed I found back in March.  But is much weathered and starting to desolve on the side that was against the ground.  Much of it has been chewed away also.  Maybe from the same buck but from last years crop??
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

treefarmer87

found one about 2 weeks ago while making a drag on my c5. im glad i didnt run over it
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!