iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gearmatic 119

Started by coxy, February 28, 2014, 06:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

spent the last 2 half days :) (its been cold) working on this winch could not get it to hold up 1 tree put all new parts in it bands  dog bones  rod  rebuilt all brake cones and spring you name it I did it nothing winch it up it would fall down ( it was working great but it got water on the bands and froze so hard when I winched it in it broke the big dog bone that holds the big brake band  :o never had that happen before) after all the name calling and other things I did to it finely found out what the prob was   ;D   does any one have any ideas what it was  :)

HiTech

coxy

no  :) for got to say I used the old brake bands  again  ;D

Ed_K

When no one is home, bake them bands in the oven.1/2 hr at 250 will do it. Just don't get caught  ;D somehow wife's don't understand these things  ;D.
Ed K

treeslayer2003

you forgot the anchor pin :D

coxy

ok here is what happened some jack    took 15 thousands off the drum   cut and welded the bands back together that's why the new parts wont work  learn some thing new every day :D :D and it was on a 240 jack so you know how much of a pain it was working on it   if it was summer I would have went to the local watering hole the other half of the day 8) 8)

Upnorth

I feel your pain and frustrations...... I have a TJ240E with the 119......wouldn't free spool so, amongst other repairs, had the primary band relined. Unknown to me, it came back with too much lining, caused a huge mess.....destroyed the original band removing it, then spent hundreds more ordering a new one......thankfully in a warm bright garage, but still..........
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

Upnorth

I feel your pain and frustrations...... I have a TJ240E with the 119......wouldn't free spool so, amongst other repairs, had the primary band relined. Unknown to me, it came back with too much lining, caused a huge mess.....destroyed the original band removing it, then spent hundreds more ordering a new one......thankfully in a warm bright garage, but still..........
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

John Woodworth

Take your spring retainer and turn it over, that will tighten up the band, normaly the recessed hole side goes up, turn it over and see if that helps.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

lumberjack48

When you winched in the narrow outer band broke lose while the wide inner held on, snapping the dog bone pin. This is a freak insistent, in my 28 yrs of running greamatic, i never broke the dog bone pin.

When i put a new brake and on a 20, i had the same problem, the band was to thick. When it was released the band was hitting the drum on the end, no matter what i tried or did it would not clear. I took it back off, i could see by the marks on the break shoe how much was hanging it up. I took a hacksaw and sawed above the marks, i removed about 5 inches of the shoe off the end of the break band. Put it back on, it worked perfect, it took me 6 hrs to figure this out, bleeding knuckles, ect, i was mad  >:(  (but ended up :)   
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!