iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt-40 wide debarker

Started by jmouton, June 02, 2019, 08:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

i am wondering if anybody has bent the arm of the debarker,  not exactly the arm but the spindle holding it ,,,where it pivots,,,  i am guessing  yes ,,,,   so how did you fix it ,, new part? or bend it back,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

MartyParsons

Hello,
   yes the have been bending from setting the debarker down on the log. Most don't bend they break and some customer have welded them back on. Part # 110638 they are not inexpensive. Take a deep breath. $ 170.00.
We try to teach new customers to always always move the debarker to the outside about 10 seconds before the blade exits the cut. I feel your pain.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

jmouton

thanks marty  , you are always so helpful ,,  i am going to try to bend it back,  its only bent a little bit 
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Stephen1

I am not the only one! ;D
I am still not decided if the debarker is a good thing.
 I saw lots of live edge logs that just fit. Well the debarker actually jambs on the log before the before roller guides. S o I ussually swear at that for a while
1st I bent the drop down locking pin and little flap they had to lock the head while travelling.
 Then I broke the yoke off , which turned out great as now I can swing the debarker well out of the way. also great for changing a blade as the debarker was always in the way changing the blade. Just watch out that you don't send the debarker all the way around.
Then I broke the arm at the pin your talking about putting the head to travel position, dropped it down on the upright leg, When I ordered the new arm it does not match my version, so I am onw waiting for the upgraded parts.
I am always having to hit the reset button as the motor is always over worked in the bark I have been sawing
I still go through lots of blades in a day.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!