iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old timers

Started by mike_belben, August 21, 2020, 07:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Nebraska

Beautiful, proud man. World needs more men and women like him.  Not entitled but determined. 

moodnacreek

Very good, thanks.        Old boy used to hammer saws once described making stone boats from bent logs, using a sawmill. Only wood and bolts where used.

Chuck White

Very nice video, thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

I appreciate you sharing.  Probably not many would say they'd rather work than take welfare given his situation.

moodnacreek

Anybody remember Lil Abner, the Al Capp comic strip? A satire about the mountain people not understanding the government interfering [ with there life style] and offering them welfare. That was then, this is now.

WV Sawmiller

Neat video but pretty old. The old man would be 136  126 years old now - he said at the start he was born in 1894.

I gather he drove the pegs in the side are the stanchions. I never did see where he sawed them off. I first thought they were used to pin the pieces together but looks like he had some others he left a foot or so high.

I assume it took at least a couple of big horse or mules to pull a sled that big.

Thanks for sharing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!