iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky handle

Started by Benj, June 26, 2018, 09:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benj

My handle broke on a husky 390 has anyone tried the aftermarket handle from baileys ? Or am I better off buying a husky one ? 

HolmenTree

Quote from: Benj on June 26, 2018, 09:09:31 PM
My handle broke on a husky 390 has anyone tried the aftermarket handle from baileys ? Or am I better off buying a husky one ?
Depends if you want regular half wrap or full wrap handle.
I bought a  aftermarket 1/2 wrap for my 066 once and it bent like a noodle with little hand force.
Now the USA made aftermarket full wrap handles are some of the best you can buy.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

decableguy2000

Full wrap kits are 30ish from baileys 

John Mc

Quote from: decableguy2000 on July 15, 2018, 10:15:50 PM
Full wrap kits are 30ish from baileys
It's odd. Baileys has a full wrap kit (including felling dogs) listed for $30, but then the full wrap handle alone for $111. Both claim to be OEM parts.
They have the OEM half wrap listed at $63.
Aftermarket half wrap at $36.
If you want a half wrap with the beefiness of the OEM part, but not the high price,
you might try checking with Chainsawr.com. He has a huge stock of used chainsaw parts. He lists a used 390XP handle at $30.

I got a few parts for a relative's Husky and a new chain brake handle for my Jonsered 2152 from him. In both cases, the parts were in the condition advertised and were shipped promptly.

(Chansawr was a forum sponsor at one point. Not sure what happened. Hope he parted on good terms. Baileys was also a forum sponsor in the past. I don't buy much from them anymore. Their support seems to have lost something in recent years.)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

decableguy2000

The full wrap kit are OEM. I can vouch for those. 588846301. Its a weird Husqvarna thing. Wish I new about the kits before I bought individual parts for my 394. Kits for 372, 562, 395, 390, 576 if recall right were all priced similar. 

HolmenTree

The Pro safety full wrap bars are said to be stronger then OEM. Madsens has been selling them for decades to their PNW timberfallers.
I don't see a listing at Baileys for the 390XP.

John Mc

Quote from: HolmenTree on July 16, 2018, 10:13:06 PMI don't see a listing at Baileys for the 390XP.

Just search the Baileys site for "Husqvarna 390 handle" it's one of the items in the list that comes up. Same handle also fits the 385.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Skeans1

Pro safety doesn't make a husky handle just the full wrap for Stihl to ditch the 3/4 for longer bar control.

HolmenTree

It appears my Baileys catalog has a listing for Husky Pro Safety handles but none for the 390XP. But they have made typos before.

John Mc

Quote from: HolmenTree on July 16, 2018, 11:12:27 PMIt appears my Baileys catalog has a listing for Husky Pro Safety handles but none for the 390XP. But they have made typos before.

I was looking online. I don't have their print catalog anymore

Thank You Sponsors!