iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking to buy a Bandmill

Started by Gitrdone64, February 22, 2016, 05:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justallan1

Congrats on the new mill.
The first one I had was the small Hudson and it did everything it was supposed to do. Some folks throughout the internet have said they have a light carriage, but I found with the one I had if I kept a sharp band on it and didn't push it to hard that it did pretty darned good. As said before, the only reason I got rid of it was that I wanted a bigger mill.

Theo

Quote from: Gitrdone64 on February 28, 2016, 09:51:25 AM
Congratulations on the HM126.

Yes I picked up mine yesterday. 8) I bought the Hud-son Oscar 236 Pro with the 23hp motor. Prolly will not cut the first log on it until the trailer is built. Been modifing the drawings that Woodland Mills has on their website.

I have found all kind of cool mods on this website and a ton on youtube.

Good choice...   If the only complaint is that Hud-Son wil not cut a dozen nails before need an new blade,,  Your are  OK

;D

Theo
HUD-SON and Range-Road & KASCO Canada Dealer

Gitrdone64

I have an idea kicking around in my head.
Was going to build a trailer for my new sawmill but now thinking of buying a heavy car hauler type trailer to set the mill on and use a winch to pull up the log onto the trailer from rear and roll onto sawmill bed. So if not using sawmill I could still use trailer for other task or to haul logs home.
I'd rather be a has been then a never been!
Hud-son Oscar 236 Pro

Kbeitz

If you have a barn or large shead you could hang it from the rafters when you
need to use the trailer.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

bkaimwood

Kbeitz... A dude who never stops thinking, with stuff, clear out of the blue...great idea!!!
bk

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Gitrdone64

Quote from: Kbeitz on March 07, 2016, 05:02:19 PM
If you have a barn or large shead you could hang it from the rafters when you
need to use the trailer.

I got plenty of room to store it.
40x40 shop
30x75 barn.
Hud-son Oscar 236 Pro

justallan1

Quote from: Gitrdone64 on March 07, 2016, 04:42:18 PM
I have an idea kicking around in my head.
Was going to build a trailer for my new sawmill but now thinking of buying a heavy car hauler type trailer to set the mill on and use a winch to pull up the log onto the trailer from rear and roll onto sawmill bed. So if not using sawmill I could still use trailer for other task or to haul logs home.
Here Is what I did for the HFE-21. The biggest problem with the trailer with side rails was safety. If a log rolls, there was no where to go. With the right safety precautions it was fine. I could dead stack lumber on each side of the track and take the entire trailer home at night or when leaving the mill and trailer I would park the truck real close and off-bear right onto it. The nice thing with using the trailer was that between the track, the steel framed box for the track and the trailer, it was stiff enough that I had little to no flex and it was a piece of cake to level.

Gitrdone64

Cool idea the trailer I am speaking of has no side rails.
Hud-son Oscar 236 Pro

Gitrdone64

Justallen1 this is the kind of trailer I was talking of.

I want one with slide in ramps.
Mount the winch up at gooseneck and pull log up from end of trailer.
102" wide by 24' long.
Hud-son Oscar 236 Pro

Upper

You could use those ramps as a log arch,maybe
Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
36" guillotine splitter powered by a GMC V6
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

Gitrdone64

Well I haven't been on in a while. I feel in my shop working on adding a second floor and broke my knee in three places back on 3/16/2016.
Did buy a new trailer for healing logs or saw mill its a 24' car hauler with a dove tail. Did get one of the pecan trees cut up and loaded onto the trailer.

Waiting on broke leg to finish heeling so I can build the sled frame for saw mill.

Have 12k winch to pull logs onto trailer.
Hud-son Oscar 236 Pro

Gitrdone64

Still have 2 more trees to lay down. about same size. No hurry to saw them and dry. My kids are holding off for about 5 years on building them a house. So now we can cut logs up and let them air dry slowly.
Hud-son Oscar 236 Pro

thecfarm

Spend your healing time on here!!! Hope all heals well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Gitrdone64

I haven't wanted to do much of nothing. Getting to feel much better. Hope the doctor will let me start walking in June.
Hud-son Oscar 236 Pro

BigDogTreekillr

Definitely don't let walking in sawdust discourage you from the WM 10 and 15. Both are great rigs and very dependable. Adding a power feed makes sawing all most effortless in comparison to pushing it. Add a bucket or dust collection system. I have had a lt 15 with the yanmar diesel and power feed for 3 years now and wouldn't trade it for nothing! Great Lumber and can saw all day on 1 tank of fuel!
Mopar Go Far! Whoopaaa

Thank You Sponsors!