iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tired of Buying Ice

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 09, 2018, 08:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Over 7 years of buying ice for my sawmill cooler. Tired of it.
Went to Lowe's today and bought me a brand new fridge.
Now my drinks will always be cold.

Then I got to looking at the expensive ones.  :o :o :o
This BIG'N had all kind of gadgets on it including a screen you can write on.  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I am portable so I have to think outside of the (ice) box.  I don't buy ice, I just freeze ~6 bottles of water, and cool the rest.  The frozen bottles serve as ice until they (partially) melt and then I can drink them.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It will be nice now to tell a customer to "get ya something cold to drink out of the fridge".  :)

Then he say " What's this Purple Drank?".  :o :o :o

blackfoot griz

Surprised you didn't write  "Magicman loves Sweetgum".  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: blackfoot griz on May 09, 2018, 09:41:09 PM
Surprised you didn't write  "Magicman loves Sweetgum".  ;D
:D :D :D :D
I could have written something else that would have got MM's Goat but I didn't.  :D :D :D :D

luvmexfood

Quote from: Magicman on May 09, 2018, 09:32:00 PM
I am portable so I have to think outside of the (ice) box.  I don't buy ice, I just freeze ~6 bottles of water, and cool the rest.  The frozen bottles serve as ice until they (partially) melt and then I can drink them.  :)
X2 Love good cold water.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Peter Drouin

That's the way to do it goat man. smiley_beertoast 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on May 09, 2018, 09:46:08 PMI could have written something else that would have got MM's Goat

I'm gonna let dat goat out soon.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You saying I got a WIDE ICE? 😂😂😂

Raider Bill

Ice see you got one of those million dollar coolers. Figured they kept ice for months. :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Sixacresand

As important as offering a cold drank would be a place for a customer to be excused when behind a pine tree is not an option.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Sixacresand on May 10, 2018, 07:52:53 PM
As important as offering a cold drank would be a place for a customer to be excused when behind a pine tree is not an option.  
They can excuse them selves behind a Pine Log if they can get horizontal.  :D

Southside

You have to wonder how many people walked by that fridge and asked "What is a Woodmizer?"
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

r.man

I grew up drinking out of rinsed javex jugs that had been filled and frozen with tap water. Two interesting things about the late 60s and 70s, everybody drank any tap water and to the best of my memory javex jugs were the only plastic liquid containers sold in the store.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

In 1983, my hunting partner had forgotten and left his canteen at home.  Actually at that time I was using a Hershey's chocolate syrup bottle.  Anyhow, he finally decided to buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol, pour the contents in his gas tank, and use the bottle as his canteen.  There was no bottled water in Cortez, CO. or anywhere else at that time.  When I first started seeing bottled water in stores my thoughts were; "how stupid is that, and who is going to buy it".  My how times have changed.  ::)

Roxie

I had the same reaction to bottled water, and i also swore that I would never pay for TV.  ::)
Say when

DaveinNH

If you had told me that some day almost everyone would buy water in little metric sized plastic bottles, and in singles pay more per gallon than gasoline. Well I would have probably backed away from you slowly.......
Wood-Mizer LT40HD26     Polaris 6x6 Big Boss
Ariens 34 Ton Splitter       Stihl 460, 261, 70

Raider Bill

Tap waters fine with me.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Raider Bill on May 11, 2018, 10:20:49 AM
Tap waters fine with me.
In many cases that's what you're getting with commercial bottled water...

Bert

We have one of those at our mill. Started off as a good idea but now its unplugged and is a cabinet for saw teeth, shanks, and spare chain links and belt clips. So used to working in the woods without that when its present I just dont use it.
Saw you tomorrow!

Raider Bill

Quote from: PC-Urban-Sawyer on May 11, 2018, 01:15:00 PM
Quote from: Raider Bill on May 11, 2018, 10:20:49 AM
Tap waters fine with me.
In many cases that's what you're getting with commercial bottled water...
Been a lot of reports done on so called "spring,and mountain" bottled water finding that it's just filtered municipal tap water.

thecfarm

And the above post is why I will not buy bottle water.Our water is tested,wife has a cooking license,above what a home owner would be tested for, Comes back every year just fine.
Portland Spring is a big deal around here.
And yes,I would of never thought that bottle water would be as big as what it is. I am lucky with good water. Some are on city water and will not drink it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

Plastic water bottles were just banned in "town". Plastic shopping bags were gone a couple of years ago. Poland Springs tastes good. Aquafina is nasty municipal water, I believe.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

paul case

If the goat would have wrote ''Wen I grow up I wana be a wudmizer'', I would have remembered it was David Poston from way before the goat fiasco.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!