iDRY Vacuum Kilns

New tablet that works on FF

Started by pineywoods, December 31, 2012, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Passing this along just for general info...Barnes and Noble booksellers sells a small tablet size computer called a NOOK for downloading books from their web site. Cheap, works good. They just came out with an uprated version called nook-hd or nook color. Color screen plus a bunch of enhancements, or apps as they are called. One of them (free) is a nice web browser. Wife got one for christmas, and I finally got to play with it. The browser works just fine on the FF  8), the full forum, not just the mobile version. Cheap way to get on the forum, rather than a full blown desktop, laptop, or tablet computer.. bunches better than a smart phone.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pineywoods

Quote from: Jeff on December 31, 2012, 11:51:29 AM
Can you upload photos with it?
Don't know yet, I have to be careful here. It's the wife's entertainment, she already has over 50 books loaded. biggest problem would be getting the photo's onto the nook. It does have a slot for a micro sd card. Uses wi-fi connection and has a usb connection cable that might connect to other stuff.. So far, I have found about a dozen apps for it, most of them free or very cheap. It is supposed play music and videos, I'll try connecting to You-tube next time I get to play with it...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tyb525

Grace's Ipad can browse the web just like a computer, very pricey though. I'd imagine those nooks are cheaper?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!