iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tk electric clutch question

Started by xlogger, April 05, 2014, 10:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

My electric clutch is giving me problems. Comes on when not hot and will not work as day goes on. It has power going to it when not working so its in the clutch I would guess. If anyone of you has to remove one would you give me some advise please. I'd like to take it apart this weekend so maybe I could get the part Monday. I see the main bolt on the shaft I'm sure that removes it but how do you take the pressure off the drive belts and I don't see how you would tighten the belt when I put it back together. Will I have to remove the wheel? Thanks for any help, I know I can call TK Monday and they will tell me but would like to get it off this weekend.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

xlogger

Steve just called and said to move the motor for tension on belts, just didn't see that, guess older age is an excuse. Now for anyone who's done this did you get your clutch from TK? I had this great idea to just run the machine with the blade running all the time but it blew a 30 amp fuse off the starter. I blew this fuse yesterday also when the clutch started giving me trouble. I hope they are related and I don't have another problem.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!