iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

deutz injector

Started by allend, July 12, 2015, 12:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allend

new here not sure if this is where to post this i have a old air compressor with deutz F3L912 it has compression leak on number 3 head up around the top tried to remove the injector took the lines off and clamp off injector will move up and down a little but will not come out this is my first deutz can someone here help or point me in the right direction going to try and find service manual i think i will have to pull head thanks for any help

kiko

You need a snatch hammer, or you need to soak it and keep working it.  However the compression leak is likely the ring between the head and cylinder.  If you pull the head, you will need a special tool to install the push tube covers when putting it back.  And welcome to the forum.

allend

thanks for the help i saw what looked like a horse shoe type clip or maybe it is just to keep injector lined up the leak looks to be above the top of the head bolts up in the fins if the injectors just pull out then i will see what i can do got a snatch hammer if i can hook it to the injector someway what kind of special tool will i need for the push tubes i have a small machine shop can i make something or where can i by one and can i still buy parts for this engine
thanks for the help 

Magicman

I have no idea but Welcome to the Forestry Forum, allend.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Welcome to the forum, I've never dealt with a deutz but on my IH injectors I have a bolt that fits my hammer and will screw directly into the injector, just a thought, good luck with it.

Justify008

Not sure where you live at but I've talked to these guys before at a logging show about parts they say they can get a lot of the older stuff. Knock on wood I haven't had to call them yet.

http://www.kraftpower.com/contact-us/dealer-locator/?line=deutz

allend

thanks to all got the injector out just had to pull a little harder the hammer worked now to see if there is more damage the seal ring has a big chunk out of it got to do a compression test some way i think i can make a tool to put in where the injector goes to do this open for ideas like this forum at least every one here helps not like some other places maybe i can help someone some day most of my experience is mining 

JB Griffin

Parts are still available through a Deutz dealer, but may be 3-6 weeks out if they aren't in stock in the States and have to come from Germany. Deutz are my personal favorite tractor and diesel engine. 8) Gotta love 'em
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

allend

thanks
got to get it pulled apart looks like i have head gasket trouble will know when i get  head pulled off may be lots more trouble will know soon

kiko

Not to correct but inform,  technically it is not a gasket at least not gasket material but rather a steel fire ring.  Failure is common and fairly easy to replace.  I have not used the push tube cover tool in a while, I will try to find it and get some pics.  It is something that could defiantly be made.  Also I will see if I can find torque specs.  One tip on this job, the head you remove will need to be lined precisely with the other for intake and exhaust to set properly. 

allend

thanks i need all the information i can get still not got it apart did check on a manual with a service shop in pa said manual was 120.00 injector 380.00 going to try and get it apart this weekend will be watching for picks of tool can i leave the head bolts loose and start the intake and exhaust bolts then torque the head bolts so everything lines up i am going to get someone to sit with my 83 year old mom so i can go tear this thing down will definitely be looking for more information and thanks for all the help 

kiko

Here are the pics of the tool.  Trying to install the tubes with a pair of pliers always seems to damage them.  Have not located the book yet, but i got it somewhere.

allend

okay looks simple i should be able to look at one of the tubes and figure out the distance to make the bends looks like about 1/8 inch metal i will measure  the tube when compressed and go by that measurement thanks for the pics and all the help will try and get it all took apart Saturday and back for help

Thank You Sponsors!