iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mushrooms

Started by Autocar, April 23, 2018, 07:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcutter_Mo

I haven't been finding as many as usual either, I think here they are probably just about done. I've found probably 60 morels or so where I normally would have found close to 100. Strange year for them, they have been pretty much by them selves instead of finding several grouped together. We had a couple hard overnight freezes here after they started fruiting so that may have set them back some. That's my guess anyway. Still found a pretty good batch overall though.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

DDW_OR

I AM GETTING HUNGRY
taz-smiley food3 digin_2 digin1 musteat_1 food6 smiley_beertoast

wish some where here in Oregon.
last time i had some was 20 years ago in Montana near Glacier Park, Columbia Falls to be exact.

shaggy manes, puff balls, and morel.
saute in garlic and butter till almost crispy. digin_2
"let the machines do the work"

DDW_OR

store bought Mushrooms are like store bought tomatoes.
they "look" like the real thing but do not taste like it.

47sawdust

A quick search of CL shows morels for sale in a wide variety of places,Medford,Oregon,Missouri,Indiana...
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

DDW_OR

Quote from: 47sawdust on April 30, 2018, 07:17:55 PM
A quick search of CL shows morels for sale in a wide variety of places,Medford,Oregon,Missouri,Indiana...
THANK YOU
now have to search my 100+ acres to see if i can find any.
my right hip joint got tweaked on Friday so may be a couple of days till i can walk the forests.

Bricklayer51

Anybody in south Michigan finding any?

Autocar

I found my first one at home today as I walked up the back walk there it stood . It was a four inch spike I walked around the house always found a number of them but not today. I think we need a shower of rain but the farmers would shot me if they heard me say that  :D.
Bill

coalsmok

Found one yesterday from the truck while driving lease road. It covered most of my palm. Then walking around one of my station fences today I found two more about the same size. That is it so far this year. All the ash trees we used to find them under are dead and am having to find new spots

Woodcutter_Mo

I think they're about done for the year in my area (southern Mo). I ended up finding one more prety good batch and I think that'll be all on my place.

-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

gww

Nice woodcutter.
I ended up watching the grandkids for the last four days and the closest I got to a mushroom was one afternoon taking the kids fishing and I was close to the woods but too busy to enjoy it.  Dad finaly found a grand total of 5 two days ago.  I am free tomorrow but have a feeling it is over.  I will probly go out but have no expectations.  All I can say is thanks for the pictures.
Cheers
gww

Woodcutter_Mo

It would certainly be worth looking, there may be a few more pop up here and there but I'd say they are about done or will be very soon.
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

Autocar

I found another one yesturday that was pretty dried out not looking good, seems every year it dosen't look good  :D
Bill

gww

I did do a little looking today but did no finding.  No pictures from me coming.  Ended up working on a backhoe tire and I am done for the year .  I did talk to my uncle and he did find another 35 or so.  He did not share with me.  First year in probly 30 plus years that I did not even get a taste.  I knew having a good deer season would come back to haunt me somehow.
Cheers
gww

Thank You Sponsors!