iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Myrtle Beach, SC

Started by ibseeker, February 20, 2008, 03:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibseeker

My wife and I will be driving over to Myrtle Beach, SC after spending 3 weeks at the in-laws in Maryville, TN.

Any suggestions for places to visit? or people to visit? I'd like to meet some FF members, I'll buy lunch!
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

beenthere

If'n you're goin by way of the Rox, I'll meet ya there.... 8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Riles

Why, I'd be happy to have you buy me lunch, if you're passing through the Charlotte area. What time frame are you looking at?

The US National Whitewater Center is just a few minutes from my place, if you're interested in that sort of thing.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

ibseeker

beenthere, I'm not sure what or where the Rox are...but I'd like to sit and talk with you for a while.

Riles, the dates are April 5th through the 12th. The Whitewater Center sounds interesting and I'd like to visit that. How far is Charlotte from Myrtle Beach? We are open with our plans, so far all we know is that we leave Maryville on the 5th and head back on the 12th. Let me know if those anything between those dates works for you and we'll set it up.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

beenthere

Teasin ya ibseeker...the Rox is Roxbury, WI....home of the Roxburger.

Slightly out of your way, but maybe someday....would look forward to meeting you too.  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ibseeker

I had a feeling you were tugging but like you maybe some day.  :D
Chuck

metalspinner

Three weeks at the inlaws!!  Oh my gosh!  Come over and see me a while why don't ya?  I don't have much to look at but a big pile of wood. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

ibseeker

That'd be great metalspinner. I'll PM you with a phone number of my in-laws and we'll work something out.
Chuck

Handy Andy

Is Myrtle Beach in Marion or Dillon county SC, if you would look to see if there are any Dillons left there?  My family lived in that area aways back, they say one of the cousins started the city of Dillon.  Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

ibseeker

I believe Myrtle Beach is in Horry County. I didn't have access to the internet so I missed your post. I didn't meet any Dillons. Fact is, I didn't meet too many people at all. Myrtle Beach is pretty much a tourist trap and it's a little different from other places in the South that I've visited. It was interesting and scenic, especially the Intercoastal Waterway. We stopped at a little place called Mcilvaney (sp?) that was in the middle of a National Park. It wasn't on the map but we wandered around looking down some side roads off the highway looking for lighthouses and stumbled on it. We should have stayed longer and talked with the locals more. It was one of the places that really interested me. The housing prices were a little staggering but I guess it's expensive to have a house on the waterway with a dock. There were vines hanging from the trees with purple flowers on them and moss hanging from the trees. My wife asked what they were, my guess was Creeping African Violets and Spanish Moss......any ideas?
Chuck

Radar67

The purple vines were probably wisteria.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

WDH

Yep, wisteria.  It can be a noxious pest.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!