iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stilh saws

Started by redneck logger, February 09, 2009, 03:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneck logger

i was just wondering what would be the best stilh sawfor me if i was cutting pulp wood 5 days a week and help apreceated.sorry for bad spelling :D
got to love working in the woods

chevytaHOE5674

What size and kind of wood? Budget?

redneck logger

most wood i cut is any were from 4inch to 10inch wood and it is mostly softwood dont like hardwood the chips fly up and hit me and they hurt.

chevytaHOE5674

For that small of wood a 260 pro would cut that with ease.

missourilogger

i Was here

and here

chevytaHOE5674

The 310 isn't a pro saw. It will cut 5 days a week, but the 260 is a proven saw that will last forever.

missourilogger

i cut firewood 7 days a week with it  8). BUT i see your point i would get a pro saw if you could afford it but the 310 has more power and can take a 2 foot bar if you need it.
i Was here

and here

chevytaHOE5674

Must be cutting softwood to run a 24" bar on a 310.

missourilogger

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on February 09, 2009, 07:42:17 PM
Must be cutting softwood to run a 24" bar on a 310.

well i havent run one on it yet but my dads 362 husky is only .6 horse higher and he runs a 24 on it and all he cuts pin oak and other
hardwoods

i Was here

and here

chevytaHOE5674

Must be slow. I run a 24" on a 361/440/460 and find that the 440/460 is much more suited to a 24" in hardwoods.

missourilogger

it aint the fastest in the world but it works
i Was here

and here

redneck logger

my cousin owns a stilh dealership and i really think the best saw would be the stilh 034.

sawguy21

The 034 is an older design. It morphed into the MS340 but that is a hard sell, the MS361 is only 50 bucks more and a lot more saw.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ladylake

MS260 would be fine, MS361 even finer.  I'd skip the 290   310 or 390 , they wiegh too much and are heavy without the quality of the 260  or 361.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ax- man

If your going to be doing that much cutting a 361 would be a good chioce. Not just because of the extra cubes it has but because the anti-vibs on that saw are excellent for all day use.

A 26 would also be a good choice but I have never been all that impressed with this saw myself. To me it is kind of weak and gutless unless you do some minor mods to it.

Larry

chevytaHOE5674

A 260 with a muffler mod will really cut 10" wood easily. The 361 is a great saw but if your cutting 4-10" wood all day the 361 is overkill and just extra weight to lug around. If i was cutting that size wood all day I would use my MS200, great power and light weight.

Thank You Sponsors!