iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chris and Al's Two Blokes & A Lucas Mill Tour U.S.A.

Started by Meadows Miller, April 12, 2011, 08:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigidi

Quote from: metljakt on April 18, 2011, 03:03:26 PM
Aussies running Lucas mills always win US Shootouts.  No worries mate.

That's funny ;D ;) Dunno if we will be 'competing' in tha shootout, dut definitely going to be there. I'm coming over after my youngest ones birthday, (it'll be her first birthday without Mummy and Daddy together, so I'm not gonna miss this one even though milling is on offer) so Chris will be in country a little earlier than me. We had got talking about wanting to see the world a bit  and I wanted to mill on different continents, so we thought of coming to visit y'all and see what happens ;D ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

metljakt

Sigidi..........I'm in Washington State, I'd like to know when you'll be in my territory.  I'd like to pay a visit.  By the way, me Mum's from Perth, W.A.  (WWII war bride).   Oy! Oy!

itsposs

Ahh the secrets out why you really really love your Lucas Allen Congrats its good work while ya got it  so well done look forward  seeing some photo's of your trip

Papa1stuff

Chris,I have 10  acres in Central Florida , if you would like to stop by and do a demo.
There are quite a few WM owners close by!
Dave m
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Raider Bill

Quote from: Papa1stuff on April 20, 2011, 02:41:53 PM
Chris,I have 10  acres in Central Florida , if you would like to stop by and do a demo.
There are quite a few WM owners close by!
Dave m

I'd gladly take a bike ride over that way for this!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Papa1stuff

Raider Bill ,did you take in the bike fest at Leesburg last week?
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Raider Bill

No I was in Tenn the past 2 weeks riding them hills! ;D

captain_crunch

Chris
Mate is you go north from Calif to Oregon up coast or I-5 I better get an email would love to have you stop to vusit
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

sigidi

That sounds great fella's.

The itinerary is in Chris's hands and as we are 'free spirits' so to speak, personally I'd like to visit with a bunch of ya and I reckon Chris isn't against the idea too  ;D 8) the more tha merrier I reckon
- Dave M sounds like a great idea ;D
- metljakt, not sure when/if in Washington State but if we're close there won't be any prob in takin a drive your way I reckon 8)

Any other 'places' folkes would be keen to have us visit?
Always willing to help - Allan

sparky

Chris,

I am pleased to hear that your Lucas trip is about to happen. I enjoyed making sawdust on your mill when I visited you. I expect you will be passing thru Minnesota on you way to MI and the Pig Roast. Let me know what the specifics of your schedule will be. There are quite a number of antique tractor shows in this area throughout the summer months and most have circular mills in operation. Our club show will be held September 9, 10, & 11. There are two logging trade shows in MN and WI, but they are in mid-September. I look forward to the posibility of returning your hospitality.

Will
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

customsawyer

You guys are welcome to stop and show me how to cut some of these big logs. ;D
I don't know how late you are planing on being here in Oct. but if you can hang around and go to the Sun belt expo in Moiltrie Ga.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Meadows Miller

Gay

And First off Sorry for keeping You all wating on a reply to the messages  ;) I have been flat out with work an have a new Girl in my life :) :)  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Allan It looks like shes going to be a keeper too Mate  ;)

Quote from: bandmiller2 on April 12, 2011, 08:37:01 PM
Chris, are you going to make the big northeast loggers show in Bangor Maine.You know with all the members here you have pit stops all across the country mate. Frank C.

Frank Ill  get up your way for sure to catch up with you and have a swing on your Mill Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8) im not sure about the show what dates is it on Mate
???

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Raider Bill

Quote from: Meadows Miller on May 05, 2011, 08:33:40 AM
Gay

And First off Sorry for keeping You all wating on a reply to the messages  ;) I have been flat out with work an have a new Girl in my life :) :)  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Allan It looks like shes going to be a keeper too Mate  ;)

Where have I heard that before........

Meadows Miller

Gday

Some bad news Allan will not be able to make it for the trip this year due to some other things coming up that he has to take care off  ;) :( :( :( :( :'(

so It looks like You are All just gonna be stuck with Me  ;) :D :D :D :D :D ;D

Regards Chris

laffs

the loggers show is this weekend the 13th and 14th.  doesnt look like youl make it this time.   im going to check it out probably saturday, il let you know if theres anything interesting
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Coon

Chris, looks like you'll have to bring your lady with you.   ;)  The members you'll see will let you know if'n she is a keeper.  :D  ;D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

jamesamd

Chris,when Ya come to NYC,I have 22 cants need resawing  ;D
Room and board free.
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Meadows Miller

Quote from: whiskers on April 12, 2011, 08:42:36 PM
Bring it on Chris. When will you have more info on the Ga./ Fla. leg of the trip and will you be sawing thereabouts? I'd like to see you fellows and that Lucas put through it's paces.

Thanks I should be down your way by the end of august Mate  ;)

Meadows Miller

Quote from: fishpharmer on April 12, 2011, 10:48:05 PM
Sounds like the experience of a lifetime.   8)   Way to go Chris and Allan.

Thanks James Im looking forward to catching up with you Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris

Meadows Miller

Quote from: WH_Conley on April 12, 2011, 10:49:19 PM
Seein as how you will be coming from Mississippi to Ohio, you have to be passing between the Kentucky contingent of the Forestry Forum. We got to make arrangements for a stop over. Might be able to find a place to sleep and a bite to eat. Oh, by the way, what is a swag anyhow?

Im all for that WH I would like to catch up with you and anyone else from around your area should be eirly october ill be coming through Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)  Jeff you got a good site there thats where im buying my new swag from mate  ;) ;D

Regards Chris

Meadows Miller

Quote from: WildDog on April 13, 2011, 04:55:10 AM
Best of luck to you guys, sounds like its shaping up to a trip you won't forget in a hurry.... Don't forget the vegemite. ;)

Im not gonna forget it in a hurry thats for sure 3 months traveling around the States Catching up with alot of good people from The Forum and Talking n Sawing some timber its gonna be Awesome Mate  !!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris

Meadows Miller

Quote from: taylorsmissbeehaven on April 13, 2011, 07:40:52 AM
If you guys make it through North Carolina I would love a chance to check out your mill! Might even have a place to throw your swag and a little hot water. Good luck and keep us posted. Brian

Brian Ill let you know when Im coming through afew weeks before hand and get some logs together and ill give you a swing on the lucas Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Regards Chris

Meadows Miller

Quote from: york on April 13, 2011, 09:35:04 AM
Hey,good luck and i will see you guys at Rock Springs,pa

Bert

Bert Im looking forward to meeting you at rock springs and we can talk Meadows as well Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Regards Chris 

Meadows Miller

Quote from: nomad on April 13, 2011, 07:44:52 PM
     You'll be covering a whole lot of ground!  Hope I'm in the area when you make the Fla/Ga portion of your trip.  I'd enjoy meeting you.  And it looks like I'll soon be the owner of a Lucas 10-30, so no doubt I'd have a large number of questions for you!

Bill

Gday Bill Id love to catch up with you Congrats if you got the 10-30 ?? if you have any questions just fire away Mate  ;) ;D and when I get things nutted out for GA/FLA ill let you all know Mate

Regards Chris

Meadows Miller

Quote from: sgschwend on April 15, 2011, 09:35:03 PM
Chris, I have a spot you could kip at. 

Let me know where you are going in WA, I may be able to drop in there.

Steve

Steve Im planing to get upto WA just to visit you Mate  ;) Lucky you have somewhere for me to stay isnt it then  ;) :D :D Thanks Mate  ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris

Thank You Sponsors!