iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quartlow, I'm beginning to feel your pain

Started by oldsaw, July 31, 2004, 07:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw

Okay, I started out the morning with a kitchen sink that was stopped up.  Tried filling up one side of the sink and disposer pumping it out.  That will usually do the trick, but not this time.  Boiled about 3 gallons of water, repeated.  No luck.  

Pulled the goosenecks out, plugged one side and ran the garden hose down it...no luck.  Let it sit and drain out, then filled the pipe with HD Draino.....nothing.  

Figured out that the putty had gone kaput on the non-disposal side of the sink, all stuck together, had to break it apart.  Got new stuff, and a 25' hand auger.  Ran out all 25 feet.  Put it all back together...still nothing.

This has been my whole Saturday.  Except for finding that one of the main drain drops was leaking and molded a big chunk of sheetrock behind by pegboard.  Seems my father-in-law, drilled a hole it in when he mounted something.  It has been leaking back there for the past 6 years, only recently enough to notice.  It wasn't my hole...I don't use cheesy green inserts.

Now the garage is more of a mess, the kitchen is a mess, and I still have the problem.  Back to the auger.

I feel your pain Quartlow...I feel your pain.

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Jeff

oldsaw, sounds like a problem we had way back when. Turned out the at a chipmonk had come down the vent and blocked it off. If your vent is plugged nothing wants to go down either.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

I don't know Jeff, I don't have a vent and mine works fine.  ::)

oldsaw

dozen more times, and finally got it.  Now I just have to re-sheetrock the 1x7 ft strip in the garage, and clean that mess up.

yay.

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Jeff

QuoteI don't know Jeff, I don't have a vent and mine works fine.  ::)

Are you sure?  Also depends on the size of the drain pipe. If you got a big I.D. you can get away without a vent. If they use little stuff like they did in my house ya gotta have a vent.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Quartlow

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one suffering around here :D :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

etat

Sorry  about yer problem, glad you're getting it fixed.  Fact is though that everybody needs to vent now and again! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Furby

I have 1 1/2" at the kitchen sink, no problems! It was a 30' run and then tied into 4" pipe for another 10'. Now it's about a 15' run then the 4". Toilet is on the 4".

Thank You Sponsors!