iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I tot I taw a puddytat

Started by karl, December 29, 2005, 07:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl

Yestidy we were driving down a road we drive every day and saw a bobcat- first one I've seen in YEARS- pulled over and he just sat there washing up,not more'n a hundred feet from us. We watched a few minutes and a smaller one came out, ran back into the cover and repeated several times( our theory is the Mrs was trying to save his pelt- "get in here dumb***")
THEN Jr. pops out ! at which point they all disapeared.
Hadn't seen a cat in years and in 15 minutes saw a family.
I was so stoked I ordered up new snowshoes and decided the camera will live in my truck now!
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

sawguy21

WOW and no camera. DanG. That would have been something to see.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Burlkraft

You didn't drive through the ditch and chase 'em ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

jon12345

Cool to see 1 bobcat let alone a family.  Hope u can get some pictures of them or maybe someone else has cool wildlife photos to share here or on outdoor forum?  ;D

Last summer I got to investigate a 'mountain lion cub sighting'by my neighbors mom. This woman said she saw somethin runnin around across the road from her house,  So I go over there and she has a 3 second clip she shows me of the 'mountain lion' running over a bank.  All I saw in the film was a red fox.  NO ITS NOT A FOX.  Ok, I'll go over there and look.   Guess what... there was a red fox den about 20 ft down the bank under a concrete slab.  Go Figure   :D       
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

broker farmer

I shot my first bobcat this year during deer season........incidentally, the day after I had shot my  really nice 10 point buck!  The bobcat  was a 24 pound male.  Man, those things have some vicious teeth and claws!  My son also killed a bobcat with his bow this year.  It took him a few days to find it however and it was ruined by the time he got to it.  What a mess!  The bobcat population has really prospered.  10 years ago you never saw any.  Today, they are always spooking the cows.  You know one is around because every cow in the herd will raise their head and start running.  Since I am a land owner I didn't have to have a permit to shoot it.  I did have to call the conversation agent and he had to personally come out and inspect it.  I'm having the bobcat mounted in a dual pose with the turkey I got this spring.  It should look really neat.  Sorry, I'm not into the picture/computer thing.

Thank You Sponsors!