iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More Logs

Started by Kevin_H., November 22, 2002, 04:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

I bought a cheap digital camera the other day. $19.00 at office max, so I thought I would try it out on the load of logs that I brought home today. I think I may have hit the max on my trailer! ;D

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Scott

You say you got that camera for 19 dollars?

Kevin_H.

Yes,
Office Max has a digital camera, normally 49.00 on sale for 19.00, The unit is cheap with a capital "C". It will hold 20 high res. pics or 80 low res pics. Internal mem only. Not very good for taking close ups but ok for logs ;D
Comes with the software and usb cable.

Any one know of a place to get free software for compression?
the xat download is only good for 30 days.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Tom

it keeps on working.  kinda like the pink bunny ;D

J_T

Naw I think you could put one more in the center to cap then off.
Jim Holloway

Kevin_H.

You know I left two there to pick up later, just cause I couldn't bring myself to put anymore on. Did you notice the bow in the frame? :o

J_T

I never quit wheni am ahead my wife says! I have a trayler i haul scrap metal on that it would take you a hour to find a new place to bend.
Jim Holloway

Jeff

When I open my Jpeg optimizer it says at the top (at least today it does) "Unregistered for 1353 days" :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin_H.

The xat program tells me that I am in day 19 of my 30 days and that some of the functions will not work after the 30 is up. so I will wait and see.
The professional model will not let you save anything you work on until you buy it and enter the code.
 ;D

Jeff

The functions that dont work on the jpeg optimizer are the jpeg comment (inseting text info within the code of a pic) and the batching feature that allows compressin of a whole folder full of pictures at once. I can get along without those.

WV_hillbilly

Kevin I 'll bet that Mtnjack could get at least 2 more logs on that trailer and a couple in the truck. Thats a nice pile of logs you got there.

I went up last week and helped him bring in 2 loads of logs on a 1 ton truck . I didn't realize you didn' have to stop loading logs after they  were above the side boards. I guess thats what you use the binders for to hold'em on. Proud to say none fell off , the police left us alone and they added to the impressive pile of logs next to his mill. We passed multiple police cars on the trip to his house and they never even looked at us going down the road. Do they bother you much where your at. Around my house they love to Throw you on a portable scales and write out tickets for over weight. I got busted 6 years ago for 1500 lbs. overweight on a 1ton superduty Ford. Thought I was going to lose my license cause my employer wasn't going to pay the fine. They paid it the day the state was going to serve me papers.

Hillbilly
Hillbilly

Brian_Bailey

I've had so much fun using the xat image opt. for all my pics that post and send e-mail that I sprung for the $39 and bought it.

WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Jeff

I really should do that. :) It would be the right thing to do. I will talk to Tammy about it. When she gets home. If I dont forget. I will. I promise. first thing. As soon as I ask about that other thing I was supposed to ask about. I cant seem to remember what that was. hmmm. right after that i'll do it. what if she says no? what if she says no to the first thing that I cant remember right now that I am sure was very important. If it had not been important I would not be asking Tammy about it. DanG! See what happened? You went and registered that thing and I am now a guilty mess. :)

Brian_Bailey

Sorry Jeff, didn't mean to make you feel guilty or anything. I was only trying to grow another tree and the subject was an easy one for me to reply to. I was only trying to get another post to my credit. If it would make you feel better, you could just delete my post and I'll promise not to mention it again. Just dont cut my new tree down, Please   :-*
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Jeff

Only if you promise never to use that kissy smiley again. :D

Kevin

Can I say something?

Jeff

Kevin

A software pirate eh?
How humiliating.   :D

Kevin_H.

Hillbilly, So far the police around here have not bothered me, (Knock, Knock, Knock, That was me knocking on my wooded desk)

I had room on the top of the pile, but I just couldnt bring myself to do it. Hopefully I will be going back to do the backfilling once the basement is poured so I can pick them up then.
It took about an hour to haul these home I went through 5 small towns seen a couple of officers, but none of them chased me down. I do think I maybe outa put the plates on though, been in the back seat of the truck for about 6mos. :o
Man I hope I didnt just jinx myself.
(Knock Knock Knock)
Just for good measure.

Jeff

Kevin. Put the rubber ball back in your mouth and get the duct tape out.

Not you Kevin_H!
Kevin is just trying to get me out of the picture so he can go squat at our cabin over the winter. He really wants to be in the U.S. but can't bear to be far from his beaver hunting grounds. No, not canada, the Sault St. Marie Walmart. :)

Bibbyman

Your trailer looks real typical to me.  The average trailer pulling onto my log lot is overloaded, safety chains missing or not hooked,  lights broken or unhooked and, no brakes,  One guy has delivered logs on such a trailer for years.  It just keeps looking worse with each visit.  It had never had a functional latch on the ball hitch.   :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!