iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

portable bridges

Started by mark686, May 11, 2013, 10:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark686

I am in need of a portable bridge and was woundering what everyone else uses. my equipment is under 10k. my thaught was a trailer house frame, but not sure if I would need scuba gear when crossing

Decked

Here's what we used, but, a little too far from you...might give you some ideas thou..

http://admwelding.com/pic-port-timber.html

giant splinter

How big of a span are you crossing? and what hight above the water?
Railroad flat cars will work but at (9'5") they can be scarey
roll with it

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

mark686

Quote from: giant splinter on May 12, 2013, 12:43:04 AM
How big of a span are you crossing? and what hight above the water?
Railroad flat cars will work but at (9'5") they can be scarey
the biggest stream that I will be crossing is about 30' and like I said before the equipment is light under 10,000 pounds

thenorthman

There is an outfit in Portland? OR? (somewhere round there anyway) selling flat cars for dirt cheap, if I remember right they will hold a considerable amount, and they are cheap enough that you could get two of em and park em side by side.

As far as placing them over a creek/river... you will need to build footings of some sort on either side, but a decent sized excavator should be able to park them for ya.
well that didn't work

giant splinter

The university of Wisconsin has extensive data on log bridge construction, they maybe able to help you with a 5 rail log bridge in this case, I have not visited that site for years but it should be alive and well with all the bearing criteria for most spans.
roll with it

coxy

i use the timber mattings from the pipe line you can buy them for about nothing when thay are done  most of them are 18-20ft long

1270d

Plum creek is using the mats for bridges. A couple layers thick and they support a full Michigan log truck.  150 to 175000 lb gross

CTL logger

Quote from: Decked on May 11, 2013, 11:12:40 PM
Here's what we used, but, a little too far from you...might give you some ideas thou..

http://admwelding.com/pic-port-timber.html
These Guys are a few miles from me. I have them fabricate stuff for me once in a while, they  make some tough bridges I've seen some that are 25 years old and still going strong.

bill m

One problem you will be facing is trying to set your bridges ( what ever kind you have ) with your smaller equipment. 30 feet is a good span and even with equipment that is under 10,000 lbs. your bridges should be made out of at least 6" x 8" beams. If you made 4 sections, each 30" wide, it would give you a 10' wide bridge. I wouldn't go any narrower.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!