iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The skid trail...

Started by HiTech, January 31, 2015, 06:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiTech

is so hard from being froze the chains on the skidders won't even scratch it. lol Hopefully it doesn't warm up too fast. The roads and landing are nice right now, not a drop of mud in sight. lol Trying to cut poplar, ash, cherry and beech out of a woodlot without hurting any of the small hard maples that are coming up. The owner wants his sugar woods expanded. So far so good but it is harder than first expected. Going around instead of over small trees can be a challenge. The landowner is happy so far so I guess that is all that matters. He wants some of the nicer logs and says we can have the rest. Perfect. lol

DeerMeadowFarm

How much snow do you have in the woods HiTech?

HiTech

Knee deep in most places and in some a little less.

Ed_K

The ice we have this yr is the hardest I've ever seen. I hate deep snow, if I have to start shoveling 3' around trees  :o I'm going to start sugaring early this yr  ;D .One yr we shoveled 44"  :( thought I'd have a heart attack.
Ed K

HiTech

Quote from: Ed_K on January 31, 2015, 08:30:42 PM
The ice we have this yr is the hardest I've ever seen. I hate deep snow, if I have to start shoveling 3' around trees  :o I'm going to start sugaring early this yr  ;D .One yr we shoveled 44"  :( thought I'd have a heart attack.
Being February now...sugaring can start any day. We have been in a cold snap up here but that can change over night. The way the weather has been on a roller coaster it could warm up and stay that. I have seen it stay 70 to 80 degrees for a week or more and ruin the season. Hopefully I have a good year this year. Last year the snow was so deep I never got to the woods. 

Thank You Sponsors!