iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic log stops

Started by reswire, December 29, 2013, 05:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reswire

Has anyone installed hydraulic log stops on a Timberking 1600 ?  If you have, I would love to have some pictures. I currently have all the other features that are hydraulic, but I'm a little sketchy on how to "tap" the current system to install another hydraulic cylinder.  Is it necessary to do any modifications other than a detent valve, to run an additional cylinder to raise and lower the backstops?  If you have any pics of a homemade log stop system, I would appreciate seeing them.  Thanks, Joe
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

dean herring

Reswire I have a tk 1600 and I want to do the same thing too. I know this is an old post. Did you ever do it . I would sure like to see some pics.
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

dean herring

Where could I buy some hydraulic log stops for my tk 1600?

Magicman

My first call would be to TK.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dean herring

That's what I did. They were very helpful. Thanks Magicman

tacks Y

So what is the plan? What did TK suggest? Thanks

dean herring

They don't sell a "kit" for a 1600. Bob Eaton told me it is doable but I need to talk to Mike. Going to call him Monday. I'll let you know

Thank You Sponsors!