iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bar and Chain swap

Started by TimberJacker66, April 10, 2007, 10:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimberJacker66

I was just wondering if I could run a chain from a Husky 357 on my 350? The bar will fit the saw but I am not sure if the chain will work with the 350 clutch. Does anybody know off hand? If not, is it possible to get a pro chain for a 350? Also I am looking to upgrade saws soon. I am not really partial to any brands, but there are more Husky dealers around so thats what I will probably end up with. I have a friend with a Husky 365 that he doesnt run and is looking to sell. Is this a decent saw? What would you recommend? Thanks!

sawguy21

What species and size are you cutting? Are you cutting professionally or for personal use? Either saw will run 3/8, standard on the 357 here, or .325 which is best for the 350. You are right, the bar tail patterns are the same. The chain needs to be matched to the sprocket
The 365 is a very popular saw and works very well with a 20'-22" bar.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

logger

Husky 365's are very reliable.  It is best with 18"bar and 3/8 chain. :) :D 8) 
220 Poulan            Future Saws         
Stihl MS280             Jonsered CS2171              
Stihl MS440 Magnum Husky 575XP  
Stihl MS460 Magnum   Dolmar PS-7900
Husky 385xp            Stihl MS361  Stihl MS441 Magnum
Stihl 066 Magnum       Stihl MS660 Magnum

sawguy21

We sell the 365 with 22" Cannon hard nose bars to a couple of pile and dredge companies for cutting pilings in tidal waters. Sprocket tips won't stand up. They tend to lose one or two saws each week :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawTroll

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 10, 2007, 10:54:44 PM
What species and size are you cutting? Are you cutting professionally or for personal use? Either saw will run 3/8, standard on the 357 here, or .325 which is best for the 350. You are right, the bar tail patterns are the same. The chain needs to be matched to the sprocket

....The bar (nose sprocket really) have to match also...
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!