iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Dolmar PS-6100

Started by hrhunter, October 21, 2013, 01:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrhunter

Has anyone had a chance to look at this saw?  A friend of mine sets up Dolmar dealerships.  He showed me this saw yesterday afternoon.  It seems lighter than my 036.  He ran one last week at a dealers meeting and commented how smooth this saw was to run.  He thought it was much smoother than a Husqvarna saw they had to compare it with.  He used to be a Stihl dealer as well. I like the better air filter on it and it looks to have all spring AV.  List was $579.00 with 20" bar.

SawTroll

There recently was another thread about that saw.
It surely isn't lighter than an 036, rather the opposite....
Information collector.

hrhunter

You are right again about the weight.  Stihl 036 pro is 12.6# vs. Dolmar PS-6100 at 13.2# PHO.  I was interested to see the new saw that here and other forums people are talking about.  I don't know that another 6 - 7 oz. is enough to disqualify it out of hand without running it.  My 036 runs great and paid less than half what the Dolmar costs.

rkultra

I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago and have nothing but good things to say about it. I have been cutting large pine and some hardwood with it and it has great power,it's extremely smooth and the fuel economy is outstanding. It also starts very well,first or second pull,hot or cold. The large air filter also stays clean for a long time. One drawback may be the primer bulb,which looks a bit vulnerable . Overall,I highly recommend it and will be buying a second one, with heated handles. One other thing to consider is that Dolmar finally bumped up their warranty last spring to 2 years,which helps for piece of mind.
1993 Bell Super T,1989 John-Deere 548-D, Hahn 110B Short Wood Harvester,
Dolmar 7900, 7300,6100,5105

chainsawr

They seem to run, handle, and cut good right off the bat.  I really like the throttle response and how they come up to power.  Nice air filter system.  They start easy.  Pretty comfortable balanced saw.  They are a good value at $545. 

Oh, and one of the best things is the fuel economy and enormous tank volumes.  If there was ever a saw made for efficiently limbing softwood, this is the one.  The run time is crazy long.

If I had to speculate on how the saw will fare over time as they rack up 100s of hours of use, I would be wondering about the starter.
www.chainsawr.com

Over 50,000 parts in stock.

Selling excellent Dolmar chainsaws and power equipment.

High volume Oregon bar and chain dealer.

Thank You Sponsors!