iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small diameter timber projects

Started by Nora, September 28, 2006, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nora

Smallwood News is collecting stories about small diameter timber projects to put online. So far, all of the projects we have photos for are in Montana, and we'd like to hear about what folks are doing around the US and Canada. If you have photos and text, I'd like to add information about your project to Smallwood News. Please include contact information.

Our project was started because of all the wildfires in Montana. Although we need to give credit to the many farsighted folk that were discussing the problem of fuels reduction before the fires, the fires made the funding possible!

Nora

Smallwood News
http://smallwoodnews.com
nora@smallwoodnews.com

Bill

Nora

Welcome to the FF.

Hope you find it helpful  . . . 

Nora

Thanks, Bill!

I'm actually new to the forestry industry (my background is computer science), but I'm certainly finding it interesting! A couple of weeks ago I had a chance to go out into the woods and watch a new roll on system that is being developed to get better use from the trucks hauling logs and residue out of the woods. It was incredible to watch a hydraulic lift pull a fully loaded log bunk attachment up onto both a truck and a trailer. Since I'm the geek here, I get to put the pictures up on our web site.

By the way, my apologies to everyone who got to the wrong site through my last post. I've been working on a new site for our organization, and I typed in the other address.  The corrected address for Smallwood News. We are still looking for smallwood projects to feature. And, we will be needing usability testers for the new site, if anyone is interested.

Nora

Ed_K

Is there a chance you have more pictures of the roll on bunks? My dial up is way to slow to load the slide show.
Ed K

Tom

Nora,
One of the reasons that we require pictures on the Forestry Forum to be on the forum Galleries is to insure that members with slow connections can enjoy the same stories as those with fast connections.

Putting information, and pictures in your posts will reach a lot more members than linking them away to another site. :)

DoubleD

Hi Nora welcome to the Forestry Forum  8) 8) 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

Nora

Thanks for the feedback and warm welcome! I have loaded 10 photos. There are more coming that include the slash bins and how they can be loaded with a little Cat. Please be merciful if my terminology is somewhat off! If my kids see these photos, they will want a little Cat for Christmas!

Nora

Burlkraft

Hi Nora...Welcome     smiley_wavy smiley_wavy

If ya get yer kid one this year...can I be on the list....next year  ???  ???  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

thecfarm

I went to your gallery to view the pictures.Very interesting.I have not heard of roll on bunks before.I skipped the slide show for the reason Ed_K and Tom said.My dail up is way too slow for viedo.Thank you and welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nora

Thanks!

I just put up some photos of the bins and the skid steer.

If you are ever in Missoula, Montana, be sure to look us up and ask for a demonstration. The roll on equipment is in high demand around here; so there is always something to watch. The guys are really proud of their new toys!

Thank You Sponsors!