iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Rock Platform Pleased the Maple Slab Gods

Started by OffGrid973, August 29, 2016, 10:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OffGrid973

I finally finished digging, laying rock, leveling.  Today after work I setup the rails and rolled the fresh cut maple on to test things out.

Well take a look at what the Slab Gods gave me in return for busting my butt digging through shale and roots, loading & unloading 1-ton 3/8 clear from stone center to the house. 

This book matched set is going to make a beautiful table, but I was curious if anyone else sees the Slab God when I put them side by side :)

2nd Question:  What is the awesome pattern to the right in the last pic caused by?  I assume the dark piece is a branch but what makes that wavy pattern that almost looks like brush strokes (Happy Little Trees)

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

scully

Nice work ! Will you be mounting your bet on a couple timbers as well ?  That is a good way to go as well . I really like the slabs .
I bleed orange  .

OffGrid973

Trying to convince myself the concrete slab should be poured now that I have a level base.  We will see.   Also I changed all my pictures in my gallery to rotate properly last night and on the computer the post looked perfect...on my iPhone they are upside down and rotated, what causes that ?
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

DPatton

:D Ha ha...... I don't know what causes that but my I phone and I pad do the same thing and it's irritating. Hope somebody smarter than us will respond so I can quit posting upside down photos too! ;)
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Kbeitz

Apple puts a code with the picture to tell what side is up.
The computer looses that.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!