iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gafner MB 411 Mini Skidder

Started by Hrdlx62, November 14, 2014, 02:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Guys, if you need parts for 411, i mean unimog ones, there is plenty on european classified websites. Autoscout, anibis, leboncoin, subito, secondamano, truck24 etc. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

Tomsmachine

So odd that I find a thread about Gafner mini skidders. A buddy just sent me photos of the unit I sold to his friend 35 years ago, still running in the woods of upstate NY. In 1976 I was hired by MBNA to be a service rep on MB trucks. The trucks at that time were made in Brazil, offloaded in Newark, then driven to Englewood NJ. The skidder was the prototype from Gafner, And used to move dead vehicles when needed. I dont know how many Gafner built but it was not many. The chassis was IIRC 1966.

The center closed in 1980, and after much effort with senior management, it was in my possession. Even 40 years ago there were no parts available, the MB411 was out of production, and replaced by MB406 

After selling the property I intended to use it on, I sold it to Mike and he still uses it at this camp.

Also then bought a 406 unimog that MBNA didn't use, and that was street legal.

Thank You Sponsors!