iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wooden tomato cages

Started by hackberry jake, April 16, 2016, 06:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

I had some scraps left over from making stacking strips and decided to try making a wooden tomato cage. Really just to test the concept. If I made a whole whack of em, I'd definitely change my assembly methods. And I'd make them out of white oak instead of sycamore. 

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

thecfarm

Good job,I used cedar and made my square. Never thought of that design. A very good idea. The only good idea I did with mine,I enclosed the sides on the bottom. This way when I water I just fill it up. The water stays inside.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

I like those! I made mine in a triangle shape just like that but made mine from rebar. 1 stick makes 1 cage
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

drobertson

Nice cage there Jake!  thanks for sharing that idea!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ozarkgem

good thinking on that one. But my tomatoes are round.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Thank You Sponsors!