iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whackulator!

Started by Jeff, May 31, 2004, 04:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have something neat to show you all. Thanks to shopteacher's resources and talents and some design input from me and the original concept of whack rules by Kevin, we have created the Forestry Forum Whackulator! Our supplies are very limited (only a couple hundred) so I don't know at this point what it will take for someone that may want one to get one. For the gal members of the forum, or those that want to get in touch with their feminine side as shopteacher says, we even have some pink ones!

Click on the little picture to get a big picture.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin_H.

I have seen those somewhere before...Hmm... ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

You have seen somthing SIMILAR to that before. Actually, I have a collection of about 10 or 12 different versions.

SwampDonkey

Nice work there guys. I'm still waitng for my metric version. How much longer did you say Jeff? ;)

All kiddin aside, that's mighty handy to have on the log yard. For contractor, log buyer, and woodlot owner alike. Once in awhile the mills hand one out pertaining to their mill and scale rule. This one of cos is much better. Is Bangor rule on there for us up here in the extreme NE? ;) :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Danny_S

I have one from Mobile Manufacturing Company.... she's a beauty....

Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Jeff

Yup, I got one of those also. Probably the nicest one I have. I contacted the company that makes em. All I can say is M.D. certainly used to spend money on advertising.

Danny_S

Its awesome.... I have a hard time understanding all that mathematical stuff... but if you can pull cardboard, you can calculate board feet!  ;D

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D :D :D

And if ya can pull lumber off the mill ya can stack it. ;D Gimme that DanG slide rule. ;D :D :D

Just kidden ;)

Nice slide rule Danny, first I seen from a mill manufacturer. My above post was concerning the lumber co. and pulp mills. I used to have one from Saint Anne Pulp and Paper. I've got one of there advertising packages here someplace with the scale in it. Its hiding in the rubble.

cheers

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

iain

we're metric over here so we work in jags
got any of them?

dail_h

I 'spose one calibrated to shots is totaly out of the question?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

SwampDonkey

Shots of what? Scotch ;)

shopteacher

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

pasbuild

I'd like ta get me one of those even if its pink
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

shopteacher

If you want pink you have to show your in touch with your feminine side. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Danny_S

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....

I think you should go for it Jeff...  :D  :D   ;)

SwampDonkey

Here is a link to a page of calculators for area (Az and distance or coords) in hectares and calculating volumes from prism cruises. Also, some imperial to metric conversion factors.

Cheers

Thank You Sponsors!