iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor Trivia

Started by shopteacher, June 03, 2004, 04:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Yieldmap,  We've got a 48 Old Style 88 too.  Ours isn't restored yet but it's complete including the side curtains.  It was right around the 1,200th one made.  Sounds like you've got a really nice collection.  Most of our tractors are red but other colors are represented ;) ;D
Duh-Duane,  I'm the one looking for a GTB gasoline manifold.  Tell me more please
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

What was the famous Handshake Agreement, what two men shook on it, to what did it pertain, and what happened in the end ??? ???

shopteacher

Henery Ford and Harry Ferguson deal allowed Ford to incorporate Ferguson's hydraulic hitch system on the Ford 9N introduced in 1939.  Forced other manufactors to develop similar systems.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

shopteacher

Who had the longest production run? How long was it? How many units were manufactored?

Corley5

Harry and Henry's deal fell apart.  The 8N was introduced still using the Ferguson System.  Harry began building his own tractors the TO 20 and filed suit against Henry.  He eventually won but was awarded only a portion of the damages he sought and as part of the ruling the patent rights were removed and all companies were able to adopt the 3 pt hitch.  Harvester however elected to use their own 2pt fast hitch which was doomed because even though it was an excellent system they wouldn't license aftermarket companies to make fast hitch equipment.  Harry Ferguson merged his company with Massey Harris.  Actually it was more of a take over of Ferguson by MH but one that Ferguson had solicited.  This deal led to Massey Ferguson becoming at one time the largest tractor manufacturer in the world.  

SwampDonkey

We had a MF combine, then went totally John Deere. I don't know of any MF deeler here locally. Its mainly Deere and Case, New Holland and Kabota are minor dealers. They have better financing than auto dealers, and a tractor with 60 HP + has no tax.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

Shopteacher,  For longest production run I'm thinking of the Farmall Cub which was made in various configurations from it's intro in 1947 until being discontinued in 1979.  Lots were made.
MF was bought by Agco a few years back.  They are still making tractors.  They were never as popular in North America as in the rest of the world.

Corley5

What serial# did all production IH tractors start with?

Weekend_Sawyer

I got that answer!!! 501

but I don't know why ???
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Corley5

8) 8) 8) 8)  You got it WS

shopteacher

Corley5:
  My source says the John Deere D was the longest production run. It was made for 3 decades and 162,000 were sold.  Thirty years is a long run - even for a Deere!

Thank You Sponsors!