iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something for the walnut fiend

Started by Larry, May 04, 2018, 12:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

And you know who your are. ;D

The bottom of a 18" platter, on the lathe vacuum chuck, getting the first application of tung oil. 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Jeff

I'll bet there is no way for a photograph to give that complete justice.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Dakota

Dave Rinker

hackberry jake

Are you sure it's not a big gong?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Magicman

Welcome back Jake.  You have been gone too long.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

Gong, I'm not sure how to take that complement. :D :D :D :D

Actually I was thinking about turning three more to use as moon hubcaps on my truck. ;D

I tried to capture the red and purple hues not seen in steamed walnut.  Picture shows more orange, I'll try again when done with the finish.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

21incher

That is pretty, great job. Thanks for sharing.8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

Walnut fiend?

The shoe fits and I am wearing it :D.  That is might fine....mighty fine. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That piece has some pretty cunfgiur....configara.....canfigurerat....what the heck....

NICE GRAIN.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodworker9

03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

bwstout

the pic are of a cutting board 24x24x1.5 that I made for my son-in-law that shows the blues and reds that Mr. Larry mentions. Black walnut is absolutely fascinating wood. I had several logs and they were the reason I built my saw mill. Love turning wood. Mr. Larry your work is beautiful.

This one is when it came out of the oil bath.

After it dried a bit

home built mill

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

teakwood

Very beautiful work from both of you!! Congrats
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

bwstout

thanks my skill level is no where Mr Larry's
home built mill

Thank You Sponsors!