iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rural Heritage

Started by Mooseherder, February 11, 2007, 03:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yeah Mooseherder we have one such historic site on the Acadien Peninsula near Tracedie. I was up by there last fall and didn't stop in. They stook the salt marsh hey like they did way back 200 or 300 years ago. Down at Hopewell cape there are 400 year old dikes along the beeches.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

400 year old dikes  eh eh  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

That's not the picture that came to mind when you mentioned old Acadian dikes on the beach  :-X  ;) ;D :) :)

SwampDonkey

dats dykes , eh? According to Webster's definition, I'm not too sure if you have the right picture in your mind yet.  :D :D :D ;D

Corley5

SwampDonkey

Yeah yeah, dang yankees. ;D :D

But, the definition with either spelling is not quite what you had envisioned I bet.  ;)

Corley5

Dykes on the beach pretty well sums it up  ;)   Better :-X now  ;D ;D

Mooseherder

This is an interesting link of Post Cards from every State  back around to the early 1900's.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/special/ppcs/ppcs.html

Thank You Sponsors!