iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need a quick fix

Started by dail_h, September 23, 2004, 06:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

The hydraulic tank on my old forklift had a hole rust throughand I'm losing fluid. I have a tree removal jub this weekend,and need to do a quick temporary fix. I'll have time next week to make a pwemanant repair. Have to be able to do it while the tank is on the lift.
   I'm already way past my bedtime,working 1st shift,and 3 A M comes awfuly quick. Please post,and I'll check in the morning.
                                     THANKS
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

EZ

I've fix holes in tanks with a butterfly nut and bolt with a rubber washer on one end.
EZ

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Bruce_A

J_T

I sanded a spot on a fuel tank then put epozey on it can't cut the stuf with a file 8) I called it fixed and still using it. ;D
Jim Holloway

DanG

JB Weld or Epoxy ain't likely to stick to a leaky hydraulic tank. The butterfly sounds like a better idea.

I'm thinking a small piece of sheet metal, a gasket made from an old inner tube and several drill screws might patch it up temporary if there's enough metal left in the surrounding area. Might still leak a bit but it should slow it down enough to get some work done.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

Oh! If that don't work, go with the handyman's secret weapon, DUCT TAPE!   ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

raycon

I've used JB weld successfully on dime size holes in oil pans  lasted another 3 months or so  -- tanks drained right? Depending on how big the hole is and if you can braze its another quick fix. Fels Naptha bar soap worked into the hole may get you through a day if the leak is from a porous tank -- I have lots of old leaky stuff.
The fels naptha works in a pinch if you don't want to drain the tank always have a bar or two in my truck boxes -- cleans hands well also.
Lot of stuff..

Stephen_Wiley

Fels-Naptha, also works good for poison oak.  :o
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

dail_h

Fhanks guys,the local auto parts guy also has cotton gin,he recomended gas tank leak fixer,two bucks it's some sorta epoxy stuff. I gota toggel bolt and some rubber washers just in case.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!