iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got the teenager sawing tonight...

Started by zopi, February 19, 2008, 09:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

was helping GG make wooden flip flops for some project or another of hers...cypress flip flops anyone?

Didn't have a scroll saw blade or jigsaw blade either one, that would work...so we horsed this big pine up on the mill
and got medieval on it...

GG was popping 15' 1x12s off about faster than I wanted to carry them...she got the idea of the scale and setworks pretty quick...I bet if I had a mill with an accuset I'd never get to play.. Poke-mill....She did her part with the cant hooks too..she was right there with me workin' that pig up on the ramps..

We got the log open, and I decided it was way too pretty to be 2x4...got maybe 6 perfectly clear 1x12s..and few that will
make nice panelling.. ;D

and for the record...Boddington's Pub ale....sucks. Mountain Dew has more body and flavor..shoulda got Murphys.. ::)

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Sprucegum

8) Start'em young and work'em hard - they'll grow up smarter'n you could ever imagine  ;)   8)

MikeH

Were gonna need a picture of them flip flops. 8) 8) 8)

beenthere

Get GG some safety glasses and ear plugs....even some hard toe shoes....she's lookin like a model propped up just for photo ops.... :) :)    ..just a thought that came to mind.  ::)

But great to see her interested in your machine...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

teakboat

I wish my wife were a game outdoorsy-type like her
teak benches - www.teakboat.com

zopi

Quote from: MikeH on February 19, 2008, 10:36:03 PM
Were gonna need a picture of them flip flops. 8) 8) 8)

yep. I gotta get 'em made before saturday too, and I got slammed today..needed to get some lumber in stickers and firewood in the house...the weather beat me to the lumber >:( but I got the firewood in..

GG is going to learn to saw to a plan soon..the next log wants to be a bunny hutch for our most recent adoptee...I live in a zoo.

and we have animals too.  ;D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dan_Shade

I second the safety glass and ear protection idea.

I like bodington's, in fact there's not much beer that's over $5/6 pack that I don't like!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

StorminN

Good going, zopi... get 'em started early... tell her to tie her hair back for safety sake, too...

-N.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

zopi

Quote from: Dan_Shade on February 20, 2008, 07:10:33 PM
I second the safety glass and ear protection idea.

I like bodington's, in fact there's not much beer that's over $5/6 pack that I don't like!

Yeeech!  I have one left, want it?  It is rare that I find a european import that I do not like..

I am on a Shock Top kick right now...or Widmers..

I really dig murphys irish stout though...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Woodchuck53

Morning guys. Scrolling around since I'm new to the forum myself and admire the fact that your help is young and interested like mine. She came to me and asked what it would take now that she is a parent to build a home. Told her just like mom and I did hustle, hustle, hustle. She was taught to mech. and weld in the shop, stack wood and run wiring so looks like her and the grandson will be out a lot. The PPE can't be ignored. Make them wear it before they are as deaf as we are. Gloves and all. They will inherit our life so they need to know how to manage it. Great job. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Thank You Sponsors!