iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lonesome dove

Started by Den Socling, December 09, 2012, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

It's currently on encore western. Turn it on. It's a great story. It's a four book series that I read twice. This is twice I've watched the movie. It's great.

thecfarm

My wife has it memorized,both the movie and the book.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

We have the vcr tapes here at the cabin.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

whiskers

Tend your biscuits.......
many irons in the fire.........

Ironwood

I watched the CD's good series.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

thurlow

"What do you want legs for anyway;  you don't like to do nothing but sit on the porch and drink whiskey!"

I've got one-a-their Hat Creek Cattle Company signs in the shop that I printed.........about 2 ft x 3 ft;  every year or two, I'll drag it out and mount it on a trailer or something.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Den Socling

Yep Sure is a good story. Everybody should pick up those books. Not a happy ever after but what is?

sandhills

Quote from: thecfarm on December 09, 2012, 09:52:32 PM
My wife has it memorized,both the movie and the book.  ;D
As does mine, my stepdaughter called me 2 years ago (almost exactly) and said "I found this picture, do you think mom would like it for Christmas?"  I just said really, are you kidding me?  We've since had a picture of Gus on our living room wall.  :D

wwsjr

I have it on tape along with the Return sequel. When I lived in Colorado back in the 90's, I bought a "Gus" style felt hat made by Resistol. Still in my closet, I wear it occasionally.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Chris Burchfield

Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

customsawyer

One of my favorites. I can't count how many times I have watched it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Den Socling

Part two is on. Blue Duck is coming in.

Riggs

The movie is good, the books are better.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Chuck White

We have the video series!

It's a great move!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

MAI

A TRUE CLASSIC!  Our family watched the mini series years ago and have been watching and reading the books ever since.  My son has the DVD set and yet we've been watching it over the last week or so at night.  Robert Duval and Tommy Lee Jones are GREAT!  How about the other night;  Gus teaching the bartender a little respect and Captain teaching the army scout not to mess with his son.   What a friendship between these guys?

Sprucegum

"I can't abide rude manners"

My favorite line. I don't have the strength and agility it would take to say it myself anymore  :)

Slabs

Larry McMurtry has a long list of classics.  Lonesome Dove may well be on the top.

Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Thank You Sponsors!